Scope option

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Scope option

Post by warningshot »

Looking for suggestions for a low light scope for.. I prefer a lighter setup!! I have a hard time seeing the last 15 min or so on cloudy days, my luepold binos are fine so looking for similar light gathering, I have a luepold vx3 2x7 on my rifle and love it
gerald strine

Re: Scope option

Post by gerald strine »

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shootin ... -2-7x33mm/
I do not own this scope but own two Leupolds on centerfire rifles and they have been solid performers great scopes,that said looking at the reticle of the leupold and the small aiming dots at the secondary aiming yardages they may be hard to see in low light as it is not a lighted reticle if they add illumination to this scope I think it would be a real winner.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

fyi...a lot of leupold scopes can have the reticle of your choice in them(including lighted) and for less $ than I ever would have thought. I am planning on going this route for my .308 so the reticle will be what works best for my eyes and not a "one size fits all". I never knew leupold had this option until a couple of weeks ago
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I use an HHA Optimizer with a Leupold Heavy Duplex 2-7 x 33 shotgun scope and it carries all the light you need and the Heavy Duplex helps you so you don't need a lighted reticle. Good Luck lots of great choices out there.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

I love my older hawke XB30 on my excal, I hunt thick woods, much easier to get on target with lighted reticles, very good in low light. I have Swarovski & leupolds on my hunting rifles, would put hawke in same class.
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank
LoneWolf45

Post by LoneWolf45 »

Not a scope, but I just picked up an EOTech XBow holographic sight. It's great in low light. It's still new, so I'll keep you posted on how I like it if you're interested.