Is It Ever Going To Get COLD ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Re: Is It Ever Going To Get COLD ?

Post by wildcatter »

I have everyone telling me I'm wrong. But I tell them and will say it here, we had an unusually wet and mild spring and summer. Till mid July we were getting 1 to 3 inches of rain 2 or 3 days a week,,,, then all summer very mild temps. This set up for a dry rest of the year, and warmer mild winter. I have been saying since August we will see a mild dry winter, how mild, just depends if we stay very warm much longer I look for a repeat of last year, Feb and March we will see very cold temps, if we get a little cooler we will stay cool but not normal. For 40 years I have realized the annual averages usually even themselves out pretty close. Very hot and dry summer,,, very wet and cold winter. Very cool wet summer, very warm dry winter.

An old farmer told me this back when I was just starting my family and I have seen over the past 40 or so years, 90% of the time, this is spot on. This year it is dead nut again! From february to July was wetter and cooler than I remember, since then we have been pretty warm for this time of year, and the dry weather allowed farmers to get crops out quicker than years past,,, it's all about averages,,,,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
HorizontalArchr

Post by HorizontalArchr »

Our bow season runs from the 1st Friday after Labor Day to Jan 31st. Warm weather seems to always run late into the season. I hunt in hot warm cold rain snow or whenever I have time. I've never really noticed less deer movement in any months or weather. dont worry to much on cold fronts and bla bla bla deer movement bla. My experience have shown me that the best weather to hunt is the weather on a day you have time. Happy hunting
Matrix 380
Triggertech Matrix Hunter
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks
Twilight scope
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

You boys are funny... welcome to my world. Our deer are so lean they could pass for olympic sprinters. Only way to see your breath in the air around here is by crankin on a marley. Who do you think they sell all those overpriced coolers to :D Out with the Keystone, in with the backstrap!
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Coon Gravy wrote:You boys are funny... welcome to my world. Our deer are so lean they could pass for olympic sprinters. Only way to see your breath in the air around here is by crankin on a marley. Who do you think they sell all those overpriced coolers to :D Out with the Keystone, in with the backstrap!
Last week's doe had so much fat on her that I was carving it off her sides in big slabs. The meat between the ribs looked like bacon. Too bad deer fat doesn't taste like bacon! :(
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
grouse

Post by grouse »

It was so warm here yesterday that I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking! The normal HIGH temperature where my farm is located in northern Missouri for yesterday is 37F. The actual LOW temperature there yesterday was 57F.

It's finally cooling off and I hope to hunt later this week.
axiom
350 SE
artifact

Post by artifact »

:lol: I just had to look!
NE PA, Dec.14, 6:45 pm, it's raining, and there are nightcrawlers out all over the place.
CRAZY!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

ninepointer wrote:
Coon Gravy wrote:You boys are funny... welcome to my world. Our deer are so lean they could pass for olympic sprinters. Only way to see your breath in the air around here is by crankin on a marley. Who do you think they sell all those overpriced coolers to :D Out with the Keystone, in with the backstrap!
Last week's doe had so much fat on her that I was carving it off her sides in big slabs. The meat between the ribs looked like bacon. Too bad deer fat doesn't taste like bacon! :(

All of my Doe's have been loaded in fat n tallow, been peelin it off in big hunks, icky stuff unless need to coat yer leather boots in if'en you don't mind the oder n flys
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....temperature is going to plummet in Joisey during today and tomorrow...from the mid 60's all the way down to the 50's :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

....dont hear on any real cold weather in sight!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Mid 60s to the mid 70s during the day here in NC. Best we can get this week is low 50s in the morning.
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

75 here in Al. today.I am going motorcycle riding.Can't seem to hunt in the 70 degree range :D :D :D 8)
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

74 here in NC today. Hunting in my shorts
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

Freezing temps and 6 inches of snow next Tuesday, might be our last hurrah! No need to be "cranking on a Marley" here! :mrgreen:
fergie

Post by fergie »

20c here today (weather channel says feels like 23c) thought about going out this morning but it's warmer then the early season that I don't like going out in..........
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
Bayou Boy

Post by Bayou Boy »

It's 82 degrees here in Louisiana on Christmas Eve hopefuly a cold front is heading down south i'm ready for some whitetail action.
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

70 here in rhode island as I sit with my
335 pretty close to a farmers barn..late
Doe week starts saturday with shot gun.
I'm in a good spot as gun hunters have pushed
Deer up tight near yards..yes its warm like hunting
Block island and we stacked them like cord wood..today
A 200 lb 8 pointer would be great and I can't
Get one at home on the couch..merry Christmas
Santa mite have one less deer tonight