Grizzly Brace Height again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Quintehunter

Grizzly Brace Height again

Post by Quintehunter »

I know it has been asked numerous times, but my search has showed a big discrepancy in what the Brace Height for a Grizzly should be. Mine as it came from the factory is close to 2 inches. What should it be- 3/4" to 1" or 1" to 1 1/2 "?
TheBig1

Re: Grizzly Brace Height again

Post by TheBig1 »

First of all, welcome to the forums. The line on the rail of my Grizzly is 1 1/2" so that's where I keep it.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

Thanks...I was thinking that 1 1/2" was correct, but 2" seems high to me. Only have 20-30 shots on it so far, will have to see if the string will settle a bit and come back towards the line. Got tons of experience with compound bows, just new to crossbows.
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

Yep, 1 1/2" is correct. Grizzly shoots awesome with that BH!!
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Like the others have said 1.5"
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

Well I haven't shot it a whole lot yet, but I will bring the BH from 2" down to 1.5" and go from there. As a convert from compound bows...this thing is fun!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Quintehunter wrote:Well I haven't shot it a whole lot yet, but I will bring the BH from 2" down to 1.5" and go from there. As a convert from compound bows...this thing is fun!
It is fun isn't it?!?! I know that I'm hooked. I think now I'm looking at a 405 for next fall.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

Yes, be careful. You might end up with multiple Excals!! I am on 2 and might be 3 soon. Found an awesome deal on a Micro and have to decide soon if I am going to pull the trigger.
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

TheBig1 wrote:It is fun isn't it?!?! I know that I'm hooked. I think now I'm looking at a 405 for next fall.

Chad
Straight to the top!
I went through a few ups and downs with mine so far. Started off really excited. It was new and shot well and there was so much to read and learn and really a lot of options for things to "upgrade" or accessorize it. Then I sort of went through a buyer's remorse phase where I wish I had spent the extra and gotten a full flavor model. Then after I took a few deer with it and realized how much fun it was to shoot and how often I was shooting it I can honestly say it was money well spent for sure. It is still more than enough power for 20-40 yards and I can shoot it all day without feeling like it's getting to me. Don't get me wrong, I am already looking for a 355 but the Grizz will always be my first born.

Glad you're enjoying it!
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Coon Gravy wrote:
TheBig1 wrote:It is fun isn't it?!?! I know that I'm hooked. I think now I'm looking at a 405 for next fall.

Chad
Straight to the top!
I went through a few ups and downs with mine so far. Started off really excited. It was new and shot well and there was so much to read and learn and really a lot of options for things to "upgrade" or accessorize it. Then I sort of went through a buyer's remorse phase where I wish I had spent the extra and gotten a full flavor model. Then after I took a few deer with it and realized how much fun it was to shoot and how often I was shooting it I can honestly say it was money well spent for sure. It is still more than enough power for 20-40 yards and I can shoot it all day without feeling like it's getting to me. Don't get me wrong, I am already looking for a 355 but the Grizz will always be my first born.

Glad you're enjoying it!

I agree Coon. I was looking at the 355 too for the longest time but just about a day or two ago another member on here was telling me about just how much they absolutely love their 405. I saw some videos on YouTube with a guy shooting a 9" balloon at 250 and 322 yards with his 405 with an HHA Optimizer on it. Now granted I'm not going to be hunting like that, but I also like to play around and have fun with my equipment. Just like the fact that I like shooting my Grizzly at 110 yards. It's just fun.

But you are right, I will never regret getting my Grizzly. I love it so much and it too will always be my first born. It will be where I began.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member