OT: Open Carry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deadeer

Re: OT: Open Carry

Post by deadeer »

Crazy Horse wrote:I heard on the radio news that there are leftist groups in Texas that are planning to target the open carry people. They are planning on calling the authorities when they see an open carry and actually lie, saying something to the effect that the person was acting in a reckless or threatening manner to try to get them arrested.

Some people have got nothing better to do with their lives than to try to make others miserable. :evil:
That's been going around for a while now. Let them call all they want, if your not doing anything wrong, those people will get caught with false informing.
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

wildcatter wrote:I rest my case,,,,, Richieg150 I work with law enforcement officials regularly as the Range officer at our our local range, both those who certify qualifications for both LEO's and private citizens, as well as self defense instructors,, What I stated are from years of research and records, those are facts based on many years of real life incidents!! Not my own ideals, or backed by what I want to believe without facts and try and justify,,,, where did you come up with yours,,, Uncle Ted??? Maybe you could fill us in on how many years of your wisdom you are blessing us with !
Carrying a firearm either OC or CCW, that right doesn't depend on the feelings of others. Their right to FEEL safe doesn't trump you right to be able to protect yourself and those you love. FEELING safe is a state of mind, not actual condition. I just asked for proof to the same old song and dance the those who OC have a target on their back and will be the first taken out, or targeted by the bad guys, or the first ones shot, or wrestled to the ground and having their firearm taken from them, ect.... I've heard that stuff for at least 10 years, but have yet to see anyone show facts or evidence to back up those claims. Those who were against CCW, here in Missouri, were saying there would be gunfights in the street, gun violence would go up, and there would be blood running down the streets. NONE of that happened. Where did I come up with my FACTS ? I didn't state any facts...I just asked those who made their statements to back them up with some facts, someones opinion or what someone believes or thinks doesn't make it fact. I know MANY who CCW and most I CCW certify would never OC, but that's their choice and I don't have any problem with that. I support both OC and CCW, it your choice how you decide to carry. I'm glad your a range officer, good for you, we can never have to many range officers on the range. ME.... certified CCW instructor, certified home defense instructor that teach and certify LEO's and private citizens. Have been open carrying on a regular basis for the past 10 years..... not along time but long enough to know the issues with it... I guess I'm just lucky... never been shot in the back, never been shot first by a bad guy, never had my firearm wrestled away from me, never had to unholster my firearm to stop a bad guy,don't do it because I have something to prove, or looking for a gun fight. I tell people to carry the way you feel comfortable with, if you don't feel comfortable OC, then don't. The most important question is, Armed or victim... you choose which one. Don't be one of those people who for the rest of their lives ask themselves the question, If I had only had a firearm things would have turned out differently.
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

I have to disagree based on nothing more than my perspective of it. But it is legal and to each their own. I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it? Same thing goes here with me... it's a new kind of crazy out there with the mass shootings and stuff on the news every day so OC your heart out. In a few months it will likely be a non issue anyhow like the CCW.
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
grouse

Post by grouse »

"here in Missouri, were saying there would be gunfights in the street, gun violence would go up, and there would be blood running down the streets. NONE of that happened. Where did I come up with my FACTS ? I didn't state any "

I remember that vote, and, as you stated, the arguments against concealed carry were based on hysteria and were mostly nonsense. I voted in favor of it but the referendum was defeated. What happened next wasn't exactly a shining example of good government. The state legislature (many members financially backed by the NRA) imposed concealed carry on Missouri despite the statewide vote against it. That shouldn't happen in a democracy.
axiom
350 SE
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

IF you are wanting to see OC going on in your own state, this site could, can, and will inform and educate you on OC....click on forum and then your state...
http://www.opencarry.org/
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

might have mine on me might not.. could be someones lucky or unlucky day.. :|
Waif

Post by Waif »

grouse wrote:"here in Missouri, were saying there would be gunfights in the street, gun violence would go up, and there would be blood running down the streets. NONE of that happened. Where did I come up with my FACTS ? I didn't state any "

I remember that vote, and, as you stated, the arguments against concealed carry were based on hysteria and were mostly nonsense. I voted in favor of it but the referendum was defeated. What happened next wasn't exactly a shining example of good government. The state legislature (many members financially backed by the NRA) imposed concealed carry on Missouri despite the statewide vote against it. That shouldn't happen in a democracy.
Should not be operating a perceived democracy in a country constitutionally based on a Republic either.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Waif

Post by Waif »

Boo wrote:I think it sucks to live in a country where social issues make decent people carry a gun. I've never wished I carried and I thankful for that.
Sir, with all due respect , last time(?) I fished in Canada a guy had cut up another guy and was mailing various pieces of him to various destinations.
Too , he, the killer was still at large.
Well , maybe both of them were....
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

grouse wrote:"here in Missouri, were saying there would be gunfights in the street, gun violence would go up, and there would be blood running down the streets. NONE of that happened. Where did I come up with my FACTS ? I didn't state any "

Yes but Missouri is getting better. Missouri always has been a OC state, but each city could pass a city ordinance to prohibit OC in their city, which many did. If OC in that city, you could be ticketed and charged with disorderly conduct. May 2014 The Missouri legislation [SB 656] also lowered the minimum age required to get a concealed weapons permit to 19 from 21 and allows permit holders to carry guns openly, even in cities that ban open carry......There have been no OC shot in the back, no OC taken out by a bad guy, no OC'er targeted as the first to kill, no gun fights in the streets by those who OC, no OC acting as LEO's keeping law and order.... ALL these were sure to happen when OC was allowed state wide, at least that what those who opposed OC were saying.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Shotnbeer wrote:might have mine on me might not.. could be someones lucky or unlucky day.. :|

Now,,, do you feel lucky...... well,,, do ya,,,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!