Spitfire vs Spitfire MAXX any input?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cumberlandxbow

Spitfire vs Spitfire MAXX any input?

Post by cumberlandxbow »

I've shot Spitfires for 3 years and have had great results. I shot 2 doe and a turkey this year with the xbow, so now I need to buy some new broadheads. I was considering trying the Spitfire MAXX with the cut on contact tip. Has anyone used both broadheads? Any comparative input would be appreciated.
Deaf jeff

Re: Spitfire vs Spitfire MAXX any input?

Post by Deaf jeff »

I have and do use both and equally happy with both. I have used the standard sf for most of my 15 years of crossbow hunting 4 years of that with my vortex and currently using the maxx out of my 355. has always been the 100 grain variety. and both shoot like my field points
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I normally use the regular spits but this year i shot a doe with a max it was an extreem quartering away shot i got the ham and went forward to chest never exited but deer only went 20 yards . I think you sacrifice a little penitration with the bigger version but i dont think its worth nagging about. The spitfires a proven head . I like proven things. I think the max does the same damage as them expensive trauma 2 blades at a better price . Dicks was sellin the max's for like 39.00 for four this fall thats a great price hard to beat for a great flyin reliable head. . Im gonna use the max for turkey this spring .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Ditto what the previous posters said.... I have used both... And this year I went over to the XXX, I believe a 2" cut BH... Sold all of my MAXX but 3... Glued those blades shut and will be using them as practice heads...the Spitfire product line is top shelf...I will be giving the Toxics a try in '16...since brother Paul loves them...my initial usage was good but not good enough to change from the SF's....well that's what makes the world go around!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
BULLZ-i

Post by BULLZ-i »

MY FIRST YEAR ABLE TO USE MECHANICALS LEGALLY IN WASH ST. AND I NARROWED IT DOWN TO SPITFIRES FROM ALL MY HOMEWORK, BEING THAT THE XXX WERE ALSO NEW THIS YEAR BUT THE SAME DESIGN AS TRIED AND TRUE MODELS I CHOSE THEM.

THE WIFE AND I BOTH SHOT OUR DEER WITH THEM (VERT BOWS), THEY FLY STRAIGHT AS CAN BE AND HIT THEIR TARGET WITH GREAT ACCURACY AND COMPLETE PASS THRU's SO THE PENETRATION IS NOT LOST IN THE LEAST. WE WERE AMAZED AT THE SIZE OF THE WOUND CHANNELS. VERY NICE, BUT MORE THAN REALLY NEEDED?

WHICH CAME TO MIND THAT A LESSER EXPERIENCED OR FIRST TIME ARCHER COULD GET AWAY WITH FEELING MORE CONFIDENT THAT A MARGINAL SHOT OR UNTUNED EQUIPMENT COULD/WOULD STILL DO THE JOB. THE SAME HAS HAD ME WONDERING ON THE HIGHER SPEEDS THE BOWS ARE HOW ATTAINING FOR LONGER RANGE SHOTS. JUST THINKING OUT LOUD I GUESS.

FOR THE REST OF US.... DO THEY WORK? HELL YEAH THEY DO!
GO HAWKS!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I used to use rotharr snuffers outta my longbow for years . (A giant 3 blade) the spitfire maxx gives that huge cut i got with the snuffers without the weight n possible wind effect. Thats why i like em. Back in the day the snuffers were a crazy overkill big head but they killed deer.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.