Texfest II , Lets Do It Again !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Texfest II , Lets Do It Again !

Post by flightattendant100 »

Last year was the first Texfest. We had pretty decent weather, and a good time. I got to meet some forum members that I had never met, renew some friendships I had developed over the last few years, shoot the bow and the breeze, eat some good food and make some fond memories. I would love to do this again, so lets start planning.
How does March, 19th-20th 2016 sound? It will be at the same location, on Eagle Mountain Lake, just north of Ft. Worth, Texas. Plenty of room to camp, shoot etc., and understanding neighbors. I will have several targets. I will have a grill or two for those that want to cook. Pray for no rain and come on down. I would love meet some new folks and see some of y'all again.
I will have a raffle for prizes, with proceeds going to a charity to be named shortly. Anyone wishing to donate prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Come on down to Texfest, have some fun and lets raise some money for a good cause. ( there might be a surprise or two this year)
paulaboutform

Re: Texfest II , Lets Do It Again !

Post by paulaboutform »

Paul, that's a trip I'd love to take! Every time I was in Texas felt like going home. I wish I could combine it with a few days of bowfishing, a few days of hunting exotics, and round off the trip with Texfest! .......ah well, I guy can dream but I think those days are gone for now.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

Right in my back yard... see you there! On that note I suppose if you need help with anything please let me know. We have some tables/chairs etc. etc...
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
flightattendant100

Coon Gravy wrote:Right in my back yard... see you there! On that note I suppose if you need help with anything please let me know. We have some tables/chairs etc. etc...
Sounds great. I cant wait. We had a shining time last year. I will get good directions closer to the date.
flightattendant100

ttt
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....would love to attend, Paul is top shelf...and his young lad Colton is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to shooting his (our :lol: ) Excalibur....However, as with Brother Paulaboutform...the stars just don't align for me...Make it if you can...it should be a great time for all!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TPM

Post by TPM »

Good for you Paul for doing this again. :D
For anyone thinking of going, these forum get togethers are always a good time and having had the pleasure of meeting Paul a couple of times I can assure you he will be a great host. I've been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to meet and share time with a good number of forum members and it's always been a pleasure to put faces to the names and share some good times and good food. :D I encourage anyone who's thinking of going to make the move and go. You won't regret it. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
flightattendant100

Coon Gravy wrote:Right in my back yard... see you there! On that note I suppose if you need help with anything please let me know. We have some tables/chairs etc. etc...
Coon Gravy, I remember you are a poet... so how about this.

Roses are red, violets are blue
As of right now
Its just me and you!!!!
( and I'm afraid Colton can out shoot both of us)
Some of you other folks from Tx., La., Ok., Ark., Missouri, a chance to meet some forum members that you haven't, and a chance to shoot your bows. Some of you folks from farther north maybe a break from the weather? Some southern hospitality?, Tex-Mex food? A chance to raise a bit of money for a good cause?
flightattendant100

Back to the top. Be thinking about March, 19th!!! We will shoot and have a good time.
flightattendant100

If you just cant wait until the end of July for Boofest, if you just cant manage the travel plans to Ontario, If you just get disgusted thinking about eating coyote!!!!, give Texfest a try. March 19th, just north of Ft. Worth on beautiful, full, Eagle Mountain Lake. Lets see if Colton can launch another arrow into the water! :lol: :lol: Y'all come on down and we will have a great time.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

texfest. Now that has a nice ring to it. Man I would love to visit ya down there in that fine state. Im just not in the position to do so.

have ya had any donations for the raffles yet?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
flightattendant100

one shot scott wrote:texfest. Now that has a nice ring to it. Man I would love to visit ya down there in that fine state. Im just not in the position to do so.

have ya had any donations for the raffles yet?
No sir.
Load up a van from the frozen north and head south. We would love to have you.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have an idea for one of the raffles. This is a folder made by havalon & it is one nice knife. I was given one by a good buddy and it impresses the heck out of me. Comes with fillet blade, bone saw as well as a number of other stupid sharp blades! So if its ok i would like to donate another new one towards texfest.

I am also unsure what is best? should I send it to you, or send it to the winner once the raffle is done?

link to knife:

http://www.havalon.com/double-blade-hun ... dbrbs.html
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

Let me see what I can muster up.
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
flightattendant100

Response has been light this year, but we are still going to be there, March 19th. Anyone that can, come on out, and we will visit and shoot some, and have much fun.