cabelas making me happy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Equalizer

cabelas making me happy

Post by Equalizer »

I Purchased a Cabela's Equalizer last month for $799.They had $100 off,so I pulled the trigger and bought one .Yesterday I swung into Cabela's in Columbus Ohio and was in the Archery department , and noticed it was on sale again $750.
After talking to one of the workers behind the counter ,he stated I should get my price readjusted .I had time ,so I went to the return line to question them .Without a receipt she pulled up my account ,she printed it up as if I returned it ,re ring it up and also asked me if I want to use my $20 off $100 post card I received !!!!
We'll you may want to call me a tight wad ,but I can't make $70 within that 15 minutes ,that I just saved . Since Cabela's honored that with out a fuss , and brought it to my attention with additional $20 off. I just wonder how much was this item marked up?
From $799 down to $729 plus the tax I saved ,I can roll that money into the crossbow . :D
artifact

Re: cabelas making me happy

Post by artifact »

Yup, your a tightwad!
You're forgetting the original $100 off, so you saved over $170!
So that makes you a smart tightwad!!! :lol:
I do this all the time, so I guess I'm a tightwad too. :wink:
I grabbed my 380 from GM when they had 15% off and free shipping, also picked up a Garmin e-trex 10 from Cabelas for $70 + free shipping ($40 off). Also recently purchased a bunch of platinum plugs from Advance Auto for my 427 Chevy that ended up being around 43% off list price ---- all money in the bank!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

No tightwad comments here. I also do this. I'll watch my for my items to go on sale regularly and do this. Just the other day I did it with Amazon. It's just being a responsible adult and good consumer.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

If you're a VET you also get a %5 discount.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Yotewacker

Post by Yotewacker »

I've had good customer experience with Cabelas as well. I think they have figured out how much a satisfied customer will spend with them over time.
Team Matrix 355 Member

BEE arrows
also 2013 Excal Phoenix - Firebolts and Boltcutters
I used to own a Horton BoneCollector
I love my Matrix 355. Shootin 150gr Xbow tricks this year
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Excellent! I like to hear good customer service stories...put's a smile on my face. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I bought a jacket recently on line, from Cabelas, which was on sale for a good price. I looked on line the next day it it was reduced another 20 bucks. I called them up and asked if I could get the new sales price. They said NO. I explained I had just ordered it the night before and it wasn't even shipped yet. The young lady's excuses was - what if all the items purchased by customers for the last 6 months went on sale would you expect us to refund them the difference? I got her point but my item hadn't even left the store. I still got a good deal it was just the point.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Marked up ??? There are items in Cabelas marked up way more then your crossbow..
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

thats being a smartwad lol :lol: good deal
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Cabelas customer service is top notch. I recently had the same thing happen last year after spending close to $2000. 2 days later I received a coupon for 10% off. They refunded me $200.
Another thing cabelas did for our family was also real nice.
About 10 years ago my father in law (an avid outdoorsman) was dying of cancer. All the men in the family (all also avid outdoorsman) wanted to give him one last trip to cabelas. My wife called the Hamburg Pa. cabelas and informed them of what we were doing.
They asked us to report to the customer service desk upon our arrival. There the assistant manager was waiting for us. She was absolutely awesome and gave us a personal guided tour.
Just a few highlights of that trip.
They held off feeding they're fish until my father in law could watch them being fed.
They gave all 10 of us free meals in there restaurant.
And a 20% discount with no limit on anything we wanted including firearms.
Very very nice of them.
I have been hearing about cabelas be bought out lately. Hopefully there customer service can continue on.