New to crossbows , new to Excalibur , new to the forum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SteveB

New to crossbows , new to Excalibur , new to the forum

Post by SteveB »

Hello everyone , I'm Steve and totally new to crossbows and new to Excalibur , I have a friend that has been at me to get me a crossbow for a while and my wife had purchased her one a few months back and I really didn't know much about them , so I started doing a lot of reading and studying on different brands and reading a lot of reviews on a lot of the crossbows on the market , I knew if I was going to buy my first crossbow I was going to buy a good one , not just a cheap one just to get me going , I studied two compound crossbow manufacturers and started reading about Excalibur , everything about Excalibur was very excellent where other crossbows seemed to be a hit or miss , I liked the idea of just having a string to change when needed was simply done at home or in the field , no pulleys or cables to contend with and no trips to an archery shop which from where I live is 85 miles or so . the simplicity and quality , accuracy, and reliability were excellent from every thing I had read. I watched many of the video's on Excalibur web site , studied up on all their bows and I think what really sold me on Excalibur was the crossbow cross examination video . I didn't want something on the low end but not exactly on the top end being my first crossbow so I settled on the Matrix 355 as it seemed to have all the speed and energy for what I wanted to do so I set out reading everything I could find about the Matrix 355 and everything was EXCELLENT so I decided that was the bow for me , of course now all that I've read all the Excalibur line is very good , I just decided for my first crossbow the Matrix 355 was gonna be the one , so the shopping began , I shopped around for about a month and found one at a very good deal new in the box so I bought it got it home and got it assembled , string adjusted and brace height set , After having it for about a month now I have not one regret what so ever , have bought accessories and extra arrows and a target Im ready to have some fun with it , will give me something to do during the spring and summer months leading up to the start of bow season which I am looking forward to . Oh and I cant leave out Excalibur's warranty , that's something others simply just don't have . :D
Excalibur Matrix 355
Matching Cheek Piece
NAP Spitfire 100 gr.
Big Shot 450K
D.M. String Suppressors
Deaf jeff

Re: New to crossbows , new to Excalibur , new to the forum

Post by Deaf jeff »

welcome to the forum, great choice with the 355 :!: I have been shooting my 355 for a little over 2 years now and not a single regret
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
maple

Post by maple »

I didn't read your whole post since it was quite long, but I got the gist of it. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bow. It'll be a blast.
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Thank you all , yeah im excited to get out there and actually shoot it, weather is bad now and blizzard like conditions next few day , will be a while looks like , I stumbled across kodabow after I had bought the 355 , im sure there will be another purchase down the line on something lol
Excalibur Matrix 355
Matching Cheek Piece
NAP Spitfire 100 gr.
Big Shot 450K
D.M. String Suppressors
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Congratulations!! Love my 355!!! Great choice. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

You made a great choice! Welcome aboard

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Welcome to the forum Steve. Congratulations on your new bow. You made a great choice and you're going to love it. Disregard the 'missed the boat' comment, you bought a fantastic bow that's backed by a great warranty should you need it at some point. Enjoy! :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Welcome to the forum Steve :!: you will enjoy many years of fun with your excal,,, I live not too far from you ,just east of springfield mo. just off I 44, Stay around here on the forum and you will find a bunch of very helpful men and women, there is a lot of knowledge lurking in the background, :P :P and they are always ready to help :wink: Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Welcome aboard and a great choice on a solid bow.. :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I love my 355 shot a 180" deer with it this year, I am also close in SE Kansas , I would never buy a crossbow with a M16 stock on it also the limb tips are heavier on the kodabow
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Welcome and congrats on the choice. Taken 2 with my 355 this season. It's a great bow. I found myself taking that out more than my micro. It just calls to me more.? Have fun and enjoy. A winner.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Excalibur. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
CplLou

Post by CplLou »

I basically did the same thing you did Steve. I researched crossbows for almost 3 years and decided the best one for me was the Excalibur Matrix 355 ! I got my bow sometime last month and loved it's accuracy and simplicity so much, that I got a Vixen II in pink camo for my wife as a Christmas present. Even with my physical limitations, cocking the Matrix 355 is doable for me. I usually get about 20-30 shots in before I have to call it a day. Love the fact that it has the power to take down any game animal I care to pursue and it's incredible accuracy !
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Thank you all very much , glad to be here and learning a lot from each of you :D
Excalibur Matrix 355
Matching Cheek Piece
NAP Spitfire 100 gr.
Big Shot 450K
D.M. String Suppressors
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Welcome to the Forum, enjoy yer fine Matrix 355
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315