Dry Fire

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Goose52

Dry Fire

Post by Goose52 »

Is a dry fire still considered a dry fire when you have a anti-dry fire component on your bow? I have been reading & learning on this forum about arrows, strings, broadheads etc. and see mention of dry firing. I just purchased a 335 micro & it has an anti dry fire system. Don't other excal bows have that also &, if so, why am i seeing so much about dry firing?
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
one shot scott

Re: Dry Fire

Post by one shot scott »

Disregard what the dumbass says above.

Dry fire device was brought out with the matrix line. The older long limb bows came without. Not every matrix package comes with an adf.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

If you don't have an arrow in the bow and the ADF catches the string it isn't a dry-fire. A real dry-fire causes the limbs to expend all their energy into the string only. Damage is often to the serving and the pride of the shooter.
A semi-dry fire is when you almost have the arrow against the string and the ADG can't catch the string because its real close to the arrow. In this case the string gers almost all of the energy. The semi-dry fire is often damaging to big powered bows but less so then a full dry-fire.

Yes and disregard what Gollum has to say. As a human he's worthless, as an intellectual he has zero value and he's knowledge of crossbows is in the negatives somewhere. I'm talking a single digit IQ.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

cleansober wrote:
one shot scott wrote:Disregard what the dumbass says above. :lol: :lol: :lol: YES you do make some dumb statements, :lol: :lol: :lol: scott

Dry fire device was brought out with the matrix line. The older long limb bows came without. Not every matrix package comes with an adf.

That statement is true on not every matrix came with ADF ..

Most dry fires with ADF are from basement crossbow smiths untrained hands ....or removing the ADF ........
That is the most ridicules statement I think I have ever heard in my life. When infact majority of dryfires happen from new users not being set in a route yet or being distracted while shooting. Your statement is clearly about you and what happens to you in your basement. :roll:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

one shot scott wrote:Disregard what the dumbass says above.

:lol: :lol: :lol: you may be my new favorite forum member :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for saying what others were thinking
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Goose52 wrote:Is a dry fire still considered a dry fire when you have a anti-dry fire component on your bow? I have been reading & learning on this forum about arrows, strings, broadheads etc. and see mention of dry firing. I just purchased a 335 micro & it has an anti dry fire system. Don't other excal bows have that also &, if so, why am i seeing so much about dry firing?
Anti-dry fire component did not come out until the Matrix series. From the factory they only come on the 380, 405, and Micro.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Whoa! EZ people! I had a genuine question and i received the answer i was looking for & this rookie appreciates being able to benefit from the forum members' experience. I did not mean to start any disagreements or inflame any old conflicts. Without having much to base my opinion on, i would guess that most dry fires would happen as it did to my son after we assembled our new micros and took a few shots. He was not on the target and was worried he was doing something wrong. With no routine to fall back on and trying too hard to do everything right he forgot to load an arrow on a shot attempt. It made a lot of noise but was caught by the ADF. I am relieved to learn that no damage was done and it was good to learn why others have mentioned dry fires so often in their posts. Thanks for the info and please don't into any arguments on my account.
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE

Post by newbie »

Goose52 wrote:Whoa! EZ people! I had a genuine question and i received the answer i was looking for & this rookie appreciates being able to benefit from the forum members' experience. I did not mean to start any disagreements or inflame any old conflicts. Without having much to base my opinion on, i would guess that most dry fires would happen as it did to my son after we assembled our new micros and took a few shots. He was not on the target and was worried he was doing something wrong. With no routine to fall back on and trying too hard to do everything right he forgot to load an arrow on a shot attempt. It made a lot of noise but was caught by the ADF. I am relieved to learn that no damage was done and it was good to learn why others have mentioned dry fires so often in their posts. Thanks for the info and please don't into any arguments on my account.
Just make sure the arrow is fully seated against the string. I find that the arrow someties hangs up on the ADF catch.
You didnt start anything the dumbass mentioned above does this every weekend and is a plague to any and all forums.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Newbie, i just read the micro 355 pics thread & see what you mean. lots of posts, very few pics. kinda a sad commentary on humanity but, you know, for a retired guy in a warm winter with no ice on his favorite fishing lakes, it beats what's on TV! Cup of coffee, couple xmas cookies, another log on the fire, and sit back & enjoy the lunacy! btw, i appreciated ur answers. thanks.
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE