Finally answers for the Matrix 350 LE Mossy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Irondude

Finally answers for the Matrix 350 LE Mossy

Post by Irondude »

Hi boys, I finally found some answers to this 350 question that has us all speculating what and why for this model.
It's really been eating my rear that there has been no info on the Matrix 350 I purchased on boxing day and now have some answers.
I took a trip down to my outdoors retailer and had a discussion with thier crossbow expert who is an excal user and fan himself.
So I asked what's the deal with this 350? There is no info anywhere on it. He tell me no there isn't and there will not be any provided by excal. Or on thier website.
The Matrix 350 LE is a result of design flaws with the 405 mega. There have been numerous reported issues with the 405 due to stalk length, limbs and draw length of 11 inches. I'm told that there has been quite a few warranty claims on this model (he would know, he sells them)
I'm told excal looked at the design of the 405 mega and reworked it to alleviate the flaws reported. They took the 405 mega, shortened the stock, kept the same limbs and reduced draw length from 11 inch down to 9 inch. I'm told that excal found that was the solution to the design flaw and renamed the model Matrix 350 LE.
Now for the questions of spec and comparison. The Matrix 350 is not related in any way to the 355. The only simularity is the shared draw weight of 240 lbs. I'm also told that the 350 fps is def under rated and is between 360-365 fps due to stroke and the 405 limbs. ( Prob more if u play with tuning and bolts)
Now for production, the matrix 350 LE is a limited edition model that when sold out will not be back. It was only to be into duce on boxing day and no advertisements were allowed beforehand and once sold out the adverts are to stop and the model as it is will not be offered again by excal. So who's to say what excal next step is for the 405 who knows but this 350 I have will not be back as it is produced now. The production numbers he says on this bow are extremly small and only a few dealers were able to receive them. Bow hunting is extremly popular in northwestern ontario so I guess our dealer fit into the criteria of select dealers.
So for my last question I had for him was why all the 350's I found online that were for sale were all #3500 SE and mine is a #3500SZ that I can't find anywhere?
I'm told the difference is that the SE is the tack zone scope and the SZ is the Shadow Zone scope which are all dealer option when ordering. Our dealer found that the shadow zone in our area was more popular than the tack zone. So who knows the production numbers of each optioned limited number of 350's avail. I'm told it's very small.
So in short people what we have here with the Matrix 350 LE is a one time offering limited edition sawed off 405 with a big punch which once sold out are gone for good.
Leaves me to wonder what the 2016 model year will bring.
Well there we go, that's what the info I had recieved from my dealer and the info he was supplied.
Just thought I'd pass it along to u all
So if u want a 350, you better get it now before they are gone lol
Last edited by Irondude on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Simmons Volt 600 Range Finder
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
Irondude

Re: Finally answers for the Matrix 350 LE Mossy

Post by Irondude »

Just as a side note people, pls don't beat me up I'm only passing the info that my dealer gave me :)
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
janesy

Post by janesy »

Interesting, love to see the results over a chrony
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Irondude

Post by Irondude »

Who's to say about the 405, it may go under complete design changes and still be offered. Same goes to say about the 350, as it stands the 350 in its current design I have will not be offered again but who's to say it won't come back in another design possibility
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
Irondude

Post by Irondude »

Ya it was a total fluke for me picking this 350 up on boxing day considering I was going in for a 310 lol, 20 bucks more got me the 350 and then the confusing head scratching began having no idea what i had just bought lol
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
Irondude

Post by Irondude »

Lol cleansober, I just got my girlfriend a Remington Springfield 783 30-06 for xmas. She happier than a pig in s**t lol, I'm not into firearms but she is. I told her when we go out together I get first shot with the bow so she don't scare everything away if she misses lol
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
Irondude

Post by Irondude »

Lol but if I miss with the bow I keep getting another shot till I'm outa bolts, if she misses once everything runs for the hills and I don't get another chance lol
And yes she is a really good shot :)
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
Irondude

Post by Irondude »

Thanks cleansober, work hard and play safe. Maybe leave your mobile device at home seeing there's no Internet and take your bow lol
No Internet signal = more deer lol
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Irondude wrote:Hi boys, I finally found some answers to this 350 question that has us all speculating what and why for this model.
It's really been eating my rear that there has been no info on the Matrix 350 I purchased on boxing day and now have some answers.
I took a trip down to my outdoors retailer and had a discussion with thier crossbow expert who is an excal user and fan himself.
So I asked what's the deal with this 350? There is no info anywhere on it. He tell me no there isn't and there will not be any provided by excal. Or on thier website.
The Matrix 350 LE is a result of design flaws with the 405 mega. There have been numerous reported issues with the 405 due to stalk length, limbs and draw length of 11 inches. I'm told that there has been quite a few warranty claims on this model (he would know, he sells them)
I'm told excal looked at the design of the 405 mega and reworked it to alleviate the flaws reported. They took the 405 mega, shortened the stock, kept the same limbs and reduced draw length from 11 inch down to 9 inch. I'm told that excal found that was the solution to the design flaw and renamed the model Matrix 350 LE.
Now for the questions of spec and comparison. The Matrix 350 is not related in any way to the 355. The only simularity is the shared draw weight of 240 lbs. I'm also told that the 350 fps is def under rated and is between 360-365 fps due to stroke and the 405 limbs. ( Prob more if u play with tuning and bolts)
Now for production, the matrix 350 LE is a limited edition model that when sold out will not be back. It was only to be into duce on boxing day and no advertisements were allowed beforehand and once sold out the adverts are to stop and the model as it is will not be offered again by excal. So who's to say what excal next step is for the 405 who knows but this 350 I have will not be back as it is produced now. The production numbers he says on this bow are extremly small and only a few dealers were able to receive them. Bow hunting is extremly popular in northwestern ontario so I guess our dealer fit into the criteria of select dealers.
So for my last question I had for him was why all the 350's I found online that were for sale were all #3500 SE and mine is a #3500SZ that I can't find anywhere?
I'm told the difference is that the SE is the tack zone scope and the SZ is the Shadow Zone scope which are all dealer option when ordering. Our dealer found that the shadow zone in our area was more popular than the tack zone. So who knows the production numbers of each optioned limited number of 350's avail. I'm told it's very small.
So in short people what we have here with the Matrix 350 LE is a one time offering limited addition sawed off 405 with a big punch which once sold out are gone for good.
Leaves me to wonder what the 2016 model year will bring.
Well there we go, that's what the info I had recieved from my dealer and what he's been told by excal.
Just thought I'd pass it along to u all
So if u want a 350, you better get it now before they are gone lol
it sounds like all good info but the part that is in bold has me scratching my head. As far as I know the matrix line all share the same limbs. Its the draw that determines the speed rating... Essentially..lol. all limbs have a varying deflection rating.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Irondude

Post by Irondude »

I can respect your input one shot Scott but as I mentioned before I was only passing the info I was given, I'm a newbie with these crossbows myself so I'm in no position to question some of what I was told. I myself am interested in gaining more knowledge so if there's any debate I will be watching and learning :)
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Last edited by one shot scott on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irondude

Post by Irondude »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been reading and hope I didn't get my wires crossed but isn't there up to a 2 inch difference between limb lengths between models? I'm not sure myself, i've been absorbing so much over the last few days lol
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Ok . But why don't they come out with something in writing . This sounds like lets cover our backside and make money on a screw up . Not Nice .
Irondude

Post by Irondude »

But again the flip side is that my info came from the dealer and not an excal engineer himself so it may be possible of loss in translation lol
I am however told of the fps is higher than rated, that I'm sure of.
Matrix 350 LE
Mossy Oak Full Camo
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Shadow Zone
Sling

Grizzly 305
Guardian Anti Dry Fire
Reds String Suppressors
Air Brakes
Cheek Piece
Dead Zone
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It appears you are correct The 405 is listed with a wider overall length.
Last edited by one shot scott on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.