Broad heads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcwn

Broad heads

Post by Bcwn »

I'm looking at lots of broad heads, and have my eye on slick tricks. I also own rage kore. However I have very limited practical experiance with crossbow broad heads, well hell lets call it what it is, I have zero practical experience with crossbow broad heads. I've bow hunted since the young age of 13, just picked up a cross bow and I must say its a whole different beast.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
xcaliber

Re: Broad heads

Post by xcaliber »

There are so many good fixed heads to choose from, and yes, all of the Slick Tricks get good results. You'll get several answers here on that topic! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Most stay around 1" cut with fixed heads , Slicks fly great and are very accurate .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Check out the carbon express quad pro 100 grain 1" fixed. These are sharp, accurate and trust me, they will go through deer. No need to spend a fortune on highly advertised brands, these work and cost less than $15 for 3. You can buy online from Walmart and pick up at a local store, free shipping.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

when it comes to broad heads you will get as many answers as there are broad heads. you asked about slick tricks. I shoot them and won't shoot any other for hunting deer, I shoot the grizzly 2, 1 1/4 " cut out of my 355 and my 380 . they work good . very accurate and deadly. any one you choose will work for a cross bow . they have ones for the cross bow but they all will work . JMO
W.M. don't skimp when it comes to broad heads they do all the work.
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

They ALL work when put where they belong, however some work better than others on different game, POI/anatomy, angles and impact speeds.
Some like big cut's with lot's of damage in case they hit paunch etc, Some like small cuts to ensure they penetrate fully, and some place the most emphasis on how well they group for long range shots.
Just depends on what your priority is and what you want to put your emphasis upon.

I personally like small mechanicals because they fly the closest to field points and assure full penetration in the slowest bows. The tradeoff is they usually goa bit further before they die than with the large cut 2 blades. I like to use the same BH for all my bows includuing kids etc so that eliminates the big 2 blade mechs when you are shooting 40# (250fps)compounds and 150# Hortons(244fps)

I've found the steelhead 100 to be one of the best mechs ever created which works equally well in ALL bows.
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I'm sold on RamCats (125gr) after I put one through a bison at 30 yds with my Micro. Blood trail was ridiculous - and you generally don't get much if any blood on the ground due to their hide. It went down in about 20 to 30 seconds.. Double lunged.

These are the best flying fixed I have shot out of Montecs, Slick Tricks, Muzzy, Thunderheads, ABC Sonics, and Magnus Stinger 2 blades. It was really close between these and any Slicks but IMO these fly just a hair better.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

Try slick tricks, what model bow do you shoot?