Micro Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mb85

Micro Question

Post by Mb85 »

I've been looking at the micro 335's quite frequently. Is there two different generations of these bows? Some have a dead zone scope and others have a tac zone scope? Some discprections also refer to crt 2 limbs as well and others dont? I I have also noticed that some say it has a 9.5" power stroke and others say 10"?Please excuse me for asking so many questions, new to crossbows and very curious. Thanks!
onequillkid

Re: Micro Question

Post by onequillkid »

I think they are all the same other than 1 is realtree camo and the other is black or also called the nightmare. As for scopes when they first came out they came with the vari-zone, from what I read on here they were going to come with the dead zone from the start but there wasn't enough ready to keep up with demand. There is alot of dealers that mix and match from what I see for sale. The power stroke is 9.5. I wouldn't worry about the limbs. I got the camo model and liked it so much I bought a nightmare 2. I started out with a Vortex in 2009 and since then had an Ibex, Phoenix, and Equinox now I have the 2 micro's and really like them both. I sold the others and don't even miss them. I bought both of mine on ebay the camo 1 came with the vari-zone and was $745 free shipping. I just got the nightmare a couple months ago for $696 free shipping. It came with a twilight deluxe, I sold that scope and the 30mm rings on ebay for $210 buy it now free shipping, it sold in 1 day and then I bought a new dead zone on ebay for $49. Get a 335 micro and love it or wait about a week for the new 2016 line-up.
onequillkid

Post by onequillkid »

I just mentioned the other excaliburs so you knew I had some-thing to compare the micro too. I've shot 13 deer with excaliburs since 2009, if I couldn't hunt with a crossbow anymore I'd have nothing to look forward to.
onequillkid

Post by onequillkid »

I see why you're confused on the power stroke, before my first response I checked the box that my camo micro came in and on the list of spec's it say's power stroke 9.5. I just checked the specs on this web site and it say's 10" so I don't know. Either way it's only 1/2 an inch and I know there was 2 deer this year that diddn't care.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have not ck'ed the power stroke on Captain Morgan to see if'en its 9 1/2 or 10. Its fairly quick 346 fps wid a 350gr arrow.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mb85

Post by Mb85 »

I would be curious to know if the micros with the labeled 10" power stroke are slightly faster than the ones labeled 9.5", just a thought
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mb85 wrote:I would be curious to know if the micros with the labeled 10" power stroke are slightly faster than the ones labeled 9.5", just a thought
I am sure that a half inch more rail will pickup anudder 10-12 fps
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

the mirco is a great little shooter . it seems some place it would not be legal iam going to quebec this year it seems not legal there i also hunt ct you need 18in arrow i know you can use a longer arrow but i dont want that much sticking out just food for thought
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The PS on the Micro has never changed. I think the 9.5"-10" bump had to do with Quebec's restriction, maybe this is a marketing ploy? Because a 1/2" bump in powerstroke results in about 15-20fps on the Micro. That's pretty much how I built my MicroMax 360. To the best of my knowledge the CRT2 (compact recurve technology 2) limbs are also unchanged.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits