No Vixen's ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

No Vixen's ???

Post by DaveShooter »

Are the Vixens all gone or no more in the Excal line up???? Shame if that be so or true !!!!
Tim50

Re: No Vixen's ???

Post by Tim50 »

Agreed! Newer does NOT always mean better! :(
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Yep, it's not in the "Previous Models" link, and the link from the forum page doesn't work either. I guess all those "vintage" Vixen's just got a bit more valuable. Can't blame them though. You can't just keep making everything you ever made. Gotta make some decisions based on sales volumes.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
The Little Count

Post by The Little Count »

Have to say I am very dissapointed about that myself. I have no need for a 200+ darweight biw for what I am doing. In fact that would just make my Days of shooting a chore. I was hoping the sapphire would be a sort of replacment but alas....not for my needs anyway. I dont really get the sapphire at all, you have both the M310 and Grizzly at the very same speed range and draw weight. Sure its a bit smaller but really? Why o why Excalibur, this is just such an utter dissapointment to me personally. Maybe will test one out just to see but no way its a Vixen replacment for people who shoots between 50-100 shoots/day, never know though.....

Regards

TLC
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I don't really get the sapphire at all, you have both the M310 and Grizzly at the very same speed range and draw weight.
The Sapphire appears to be sporting the same thumbhole stock as the older Ibex/Vortex/Equinox, which are no longer being manufactured. I suppose it would suit women and youths who need a shorter LOP (length of pull),

Also, it would attract those that like the Grizzly, but like an aluminum rail.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.