what happened to the reasonable price on Excal crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: what happened to the reasonable price on Excal crossbows

Post by one shot scott »

I
Last edited by one shot scott on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

you can take it with you but you can't spend it when you get there.
W.M.
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

I figured a bit of interest on my PLC was well worth 2- 380's in the last 6 months. I got to use the Xtra this past season and did not have to wait for a season or two saving the cash. My Lynx is in the mail :o.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Let me start by saying, I have owned Excalibur crossbows since 1989. In fact, I've owned pretty well every model (i.e. up to the Exo series) while Bill T was making them. They not only served me well, but I found them to be not only tried and true, but also bullet proof. What I did find was that the best of the bunch were the ones with the "straight" riser. They were smooth drawing and their accuracy was second to none. Stringing them without a stringing-aid was fairly easy. I also never had to use my lifetime warranty on them. In fact I still own two Exo series models, Exomax and Exocet 200. Sadly I sold the Exomag, which now I realize was the best of the bunch.

I did purchase and own a 405 for a few short months. After a few issues on which I won't elaborate, I decided that the 405 wasn't going to serve me well. I currently own a 380, which I swapped for the 405 and took a loss.

To date, besides an ongoing slight tiller issue, I haven't had any problems with the 380. However, unlike the Exo series models, I can't say it has withstood the test of time, considering that I don't shoot it anywhere near the amount of time I have shot my Exo series models.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Matrix/Micro series models, it's only that they unfortunately have had some issues which my Exo series models did not.

Personally, I will wait before taking the plunge on any of the new models. I'm starting to think that perhaps the adage of: "Don't buy the first year of a new model car." might also apply to crossbows.
Of course, I'm only speaking from personal experience, and what do I know after only 26 years of owning Excaliburs. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
greentag

Post by greentag »

i know what your saying,ive been wanting a micro since they came out,every time i get close to getting the money put back something comes up.i bought my exomax new over 11 years ago from danny,with every possible thing you could get on one back then,a dozen arrows and a pack of broadheads for $824.50 shipped to my door ready to go.i would love a new one for no other reason than (want),my bow has gave me 0 issues and is still the most accurate crosssbow i have shot.i can shoot a nickle size sticker at 50 yards consistantly with broadheads,and a good rest of course,i really would'nt be upgrading in my mind,other than the narrower limbs,but man do i really want one!
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I fully understand the question. The new models are a bit more pricey than in the past. But, you can still get a reasonable deal on an Exo model. I've see new ones (Exomax and Equinox) listed for under $600US and used ones loaded with extras for less than that.

On Sunday while my son was home on leave from the Army I let him take a shot with my old Exomax and my Micro just to compare them. The Exomax had not been fired since September but it had been cocked/decocked a few times. His only shot with the Exomax would have hit a nickle. In my case, spending more money didn't fix that problem. :lol:

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

My Exocet kills deer and yotes as well as a new bow, but the smaller size of the current bows is very intriguing, but until I stop hearing limb issues I will keep using my older one.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
wabi

Post by wabi »

I got a letter from social security recently that told me, "since the cost of living did not increase there will be no increase to your social security benefits for 2016."
I had to retire because of my back problems and now live on a fixed income.
I don't have any plans on replacing the Phoenix at the present time, and I just hope the warranty remains as good as it has been in the past!
wabi
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Being on fixed income is very interesting at best . With MS the Matrix series would keep me in the field . But When I see the price tag on say 330 not a chance at this time .
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

flhtcuse wrote:by amythntr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:29 pm

....just curious....what are the prices on the new line of bows...have not seen the prices posted on the website?

Anthony :)

Just look for the tab that says "mortgage application"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

wabi wrote:I got a letter from social security recently that told me, "since the cost of living did not increase there will be no increase to your social security benefits for 2016."
Ask the Govt how come you did not get an increase when at the same time my child support payments went up, which apparently is due to inflation.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I may be off in my assumption ?
Excal has replaced a number of sets of limbs at this point under its exceptional warranty. Quite possibly these price increases are a limited attempt to re-capture some lost revenue where the costs of those limbs was concerned, and may continue for some models (still, IMO ) not totally reliable..

I would hope that if they have come up with a better limb formula ??? They can implement it into the Micro 335 which may still need some attention.
Gene

I guess I look back at the old saying "Nothings for Free...Someones Paying For it"
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

I shopped for quite a while on Ebay and went there everyday hoping to find a deal and one day got on Ebay and there it was Excalibur Matrix 355 for 600 new in box so i jumped on it. Probably will shop for a very long time to find a great deal on one of these new models :D
Excalibur Matrix 355
Matching Cheek Piece
NAP Spitfire 100 gr.
Big Shot 450K
D.M. String Suppressors
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

It costs big bucks to chase speed. We asked for it and now we can live with it. Dang nice bow line for sure. :D
SEW

Post by SEW »

agingcrossbower wrote:It costs big bucks to chase speed. We asked for it and now we can live with it. Dang nice bow line for sure. :D
I agree totally. There is the principle of diminishing returns. Also, as Danny Miller stated when the Matrix 380/405 came out, that as the stress goes up, reliability goes down. I'm happy with my 380 & 405.