what happened to the reasonable price on Excal crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Re: what happened to the reasonable price on Excal crossbows

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I love my Excalibur's, but I too am dissabled and living on a fixed income... In looking at my signature, you may think it's a great income... Wrong ! I had to sell guns to Cabela's to come up with in-house credit to allow the purcahse of my first one, which was a Matrix 330..

I traded that with another member here for his new Matrix 355 which turned out to be a bit too much bow for him.

I then traded a custom long range single shot pistol, scope and ammo for the second. (An Axiom SMF )

I later sold this one and added cash to make my Micro happen..

The latest, being my 380 was gained but collecting and buying parts as I could afford them and building my own..

A lot of things we want, may not be available without sacrifice... I suggest looking around to find things you no longer use much, but may be of use to others. :shock:

Perhaps sell or trade them. Be creative and good things can happen. :D

Gene :wink:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I found a matrix 330 for a reasonable price in the trading post . The seller was kind enough to allow me to make payments on it . I now have it it will probably be my last xbow for a while . I now have 3 Excalibur the other 2 being the Exo series .
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I'm happy to read here that with the help of an understanding person here on the forum, you have found a solution to your individual problem cost wise and that all is working out well for you. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Compared to other makes and models, what is overpriced? You want the best you pay for it simple. Used and older models come at prices for everyone's budget. You want your crossbow made in China? I don't and happy to buy Canadian product.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

I paid less for my Matrix 350 than I did for my Pheonix with the right stuff package back in the day.
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

What I am talking about is the price of $1200.00 plus for a crossbow . That is out of reach for most . If you are fixed income like disability it is, For some $500.00 can be out of reach. I have owned nothing but Excalibur started with a Exomag 200 then an Exomax . Now a lightly used matrix 330 that I was able to make payments on thanks to the kindness of the seller . As for going and buying one off the store shelf not happening that is out of reach .

Post by newbie »

these arent Barnet bows. Like buying a Kia vs BMW.
Used bows are reasonable in price. Older wider bigger bows do the same job.
Companies sell their products to make money,,,, research design build new products cost more money.
What did you pay for your Exomag compared to your 330? ? ??? New used?
They are right inline with the exo series. That series ended at 350 fps, price of the equinox vs the 355? 380 400 bows are priced accordingly more.
I understand some cant afford new bows or the greatest fastest newest but there are loads of bows for much less that do the same job in the end.....!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

In the real World the Investment Firm that purchased Excal Company has investors n stock holders that want a good return on their money. The more profit the more n better they like it. Lots of Companys have left fer Mexico n across the big pond. Bein on fixed income that is low/poverty doesn't leave much room fer hobbys, sad but true!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I paid $450.00 for my Mag new paid about $700.00 for Max new . Both early 2000 .Yes they both shoot lights out , I wonder what is the cost per unit to make and what is the mark up percentage per unit is it 20, 30, or higher percentage mark up ?
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Crossbow hunting is and is not a hobby to some me included . I have to use a crossbow to stay in the field . Why was this topic brought back to the fore front ? I had to get a smaller lighter crossbow to stay in the field .
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The price point is in line with all the rest....

It's the tax that I hate paying on a new bow.... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Interesting thread. We hear this occasionally from customers who say they would like to buy an Excalibur crossbow but they cost too much. We spend a lot of time trying to keep our products in line with competition and offer them at competitive prices. The reality is we manufacture all of our crossbows in North America which means the product will cost more.

Many of the archery manufacturers out there get some or all of their products manufactured off shore due to the much lower costs to do so. Lower manufacturing costs result in lower retail costs. I'm sure if we moved all of our manufacturing offshore we could offer our crossbows at a much lower price.

However, there is more to a product than just the price it sells for. We pride ourselves in producing a high quality product made by our Canadian and American staff. We are supporting local employees and their families who stimulating local economies. Consumers continue to demand lower prices on all products which has moved many companies offshore resulting in lost jobs.

We totally understand that many of our customers have their own challenges and the cost of products will influence what they can buy. But, we have to sell our products at a price where we can make a profit to keep the lights on and continue to offer the quality and customer service our customers have come to expect.

Peter
Boo

Post by Boo »

I would like a trophy wife, but I can't afford it. :mrgreen: But I'm not going to whine about my house going up in value by 300% :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

I have yet to shoot my cub but the quality is there just by the feel and looks of it. At 424 dollars for the kit I don't know how you can get any lower, but you can get the bow only on a web site or two for 350. a few bucks put aside here and there and eventually you'll have one, otherwise look for a good use one, they re out there. Other option is look for a trade , I have traded my way in to some pretty nice recurves and longbows so there are other ways to get what you want.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Agreed with previous poster. Buy, trade, sell other items to get new or better. Since you already have more than a few Excals, getting another one seems like it is not a necessity, but a want. Trade another and upgrade, prices will never go down.
I trade and sell continuously to get a new bow. I to can not just go buy one anytime.
And yes, I am also Disabled.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]