what happened to the reasonable price on Excal crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

what happened to the reasonable price on Excal crossbows

Post by hunter with MS »

Being On fixed income it puts the Price of the new xbows and some of the older xbows out of reach. For what I get each month from disability it would take me months to buy a new xbow . Yes I would love a matrix but at the price of it not happening . So I stay with what I have Exo series models .Just blowing of some steam
Gregoire1960

Re: what happened to the reasonable price on Excal crossbows

Post by Gregoire1960 »

Well the positive side of it is that many of those purchasing the new line-up will probably need to sell their old bows to afford it. This means that there will be a number of nearly new bows that will show up on the trading post shortly.

Rather than replace my 1997 Exocet 165 I've upgraded various components (limbs, trigger, scope & string,etc) as I can afford it and have a sweet shooting bow that works for me.

Someday I'll probably take the plunge, but it's not like there's a paradigm shift in technology that makes my bow obsolete.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Frustrating, that for sure, But what isn't ridiculously expensive now? At least after you save the coin the first time, you really never NEED to do it again.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Check your p.m. ,,, I can save you some $$$$
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

That's true I do have an exomax and a Exomag 200. I need to just buy more arrows and a few other things and be happy with that they have never let me down.
galamb

Post by galamb »

It's only expensive if you want to stay on the cutting edge.

It's like that with everything.

I won't pay 30K for a new car if I can get one that's 5 years old for 15K - I don't NEED the latest/greatest.

Same with bows.

My Vix II is all the bow I NEED.

And as pretty, fancy and fast as the offerings have been in the past few years, I don't WANT to part with my money just to have "the next generation" which for me would provide "zero" true benefit from a functional or lethal point of view.

And if I did have to replace I would be looking at something like the Grizzly - ok, plastic rail, but still has a sticker price close to what I paid for my Vix (kitted out) "back when" - there still is options for the tighter wallet - just aren't as sexy as the ones that make the first few pages of the catalog.

Only the buyer can decide (if they own an older model) if it's worth a grand to get a few extra feet per second, or if they really need 2" of less wingspan.

It's one thing if you have to replace because you have just plain wore out your old kit, quite another if you just WANT.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

galamb wrote:It's only expensive if you want to stay on the cutting edge.

It's like that with everything.

I won't pay 30K for a new car if I can get one that's 5 years old for 15K - I don't NEED the latest/greatest.

Same with bows.

My Vix II is all the bow I NEED.

And as pretty, fancy and fast as the offerings have been in the past few years, I don't WANT to part with my money just to have "the next generation" which for me would provide "zero" true benefit from a functional or lethal point of view.

And if I did have to replace I would be looking at something like the Grizzly - ok, plastic rail, but still has a sticker price close to what I paid for my Vix (kitted out) "back when" - there still is options for the tighter wallet - just aren't as sexy as the ones that make the first few pages of the catalog.

Only the buyer can decide (if they own an older model) if it's worth a grand to get a few extra feet per second, or if they really need 2" of less wingspan.

It's one thing if you have to replace because you have just plain wore out your old kit, quite another if you just WANT.
Amen. If it still gets the deer no need to change or spend more money. The deer don't care about the bling, bling. My old Bear and homemade recurve and longbows get the job done just as well as any new custom made bow costing big dollars.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

hunter with MS wrote:Being On fixed income it puts the Price of the new xbows and some of the older xbows out of reach. For what I get each month from disability it would take me months to buy a new xbow . Yes I would love a matrix but at the price of it not happening . So I stay with what I have Exo series models .Just blowing of some steam
I am in the same boat wid ya. I sold all 6 of my older Excals to fund my 1 2014 n 2 2015 Crossbows. I would have to save fer 2 yrs fer some of these high dollar models
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

vixenmaster wrote:
hunter with MS wrote:Being On fixed income it puts the Price of the new xbows and some of the older xbows out of reach. For what I get each month from disability it would take me months to buy a new xbow . Yes I would love a matrix but at the price of it not happening . So I stay with what I have Exo series models .Just blowing of some steam
I am in the same boat wid ya. I sold all 6 of my older Excals to fund my 1 2014 n 2 2015 Crossbows. I would have to save fer 2 yrs fer some of these high dollar models
You could charge more fer your strings. They are well worth it!
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Your best bet will be like stated in an earlier post. "Trading Post" filled with newer models with all you need options.
Food for thought..my take, my only bow is a '13 M355 originally had a not so perfect riser-replaced, all good thanks to Danny and Peter. Back to point, I think I've shot 8 deer between my NEVER should have sold Vortex and the M355. None were farther than 25 yard shots. I think the M355 will suit my needs and distances just fine for years to come. Compact and fast enough for those distances and beyond. Vortex was a fine machine too...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Actually the price of the Force 10 n 8190 will stay the same. Which is affordable to most ppl. I will start makin up some Sale strings on the phased out material i have on hand til its used up n gone
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I am in the same boat ..hate spending the cash
I have been humming and ha ing over the 380 and a micro .just couldn't make up my mind. Now I am glad I held off but there are even more choices now.lol..Will have to make a choice before summer is over to be ready for next deer season. Funny thing us the 7 point I shot with my 175 lb horton died just like I figured he would. A thousand dollars for a new bow is a ton of money no matter who you are. .Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

dutchhunter wrote:I am in the same boat ..hate spending the cash
I have been humming and ha ing over the 380 and a micro .just couldn't make up my mind. Now I am glad I held off but there are even more choices now.lol..Will have to make a choice before summer is over to be ready for next deer season. Funny thing us the 7 point I shot with my 175 lb horton died just like I figured he would. A thousand dollars for a new bow is a ton of money no matter who you are. .Dutch

....could not agree with you more Dutchhunter....i still want to know how I wound up with 4 of something I only use about 20 times a year...for me it is going to be a wait and see approach...if I do make the decision to sell it would be one of my two Micro's and even that is difficult to justify doe to what I will get and what one would cost....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

amythntr wrote: ....could not agree with you more Dutchhunter....i still want to know how I wound up with 4 of something I only use about 20 times a year...for me it is going to be a wait and see approach...if I do make the decision to sell it would be one of my two Micro's and even that is difficult to justify doe to what I will get and what one would cost....

HMMM, perhaps I'll just hold off and wait for one of those beauties to go up for sale!!!! :D

I'll be constantly lurking and waiting to pounce on it Anthony.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....just curious....what are the prices on the new line of bows...have not seen the prices posted on the website?

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings