Most reliable current-gen bow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xamoel

Most reliable current-gen bow?

Post by xamoel »

Hi everyone!

I'm new to crossbow hunting, and have heard in several places that recurves, and especially Excalibur, are the most reliable bows money can buy.
After browsing this forum for a while I've read quite a bit about limb problems with the Mega 405 and some micro models and the 355 as well.
Now I'm looking for the most reliable crossbow of the current generation of Excalibur bows, I don't need maximum speed or compactness.

Is the Matrix 380 a good choice? Or would you rather get something else if you bad to choose one bow for the rest of your life?

Thank you for your help!
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: Most reliable current-gen bow?

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Honestly any bow that Excal offers is a great choice. I think it comes down to your needs. Everyone will tell you pick one up, handle it, shoot it then make your choice. Have fun shopping...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
greentag

Post by greentag »

i think the lower speed bows,would be less likely to give trouble,for the simple fact that there is not as much of a load put on them.with that said i would pick which ever bow you like the best and not worry about a thing.excaliber really does have the best customer service going,and if the one you chose failed,im sure they would take care of it.like the above post said,if you could handle them,or shoot them,pick the one you feel most comfortable with and get it.shoot it and enjoy.one thing is for certain,while people with compounds have to have a bow press or take their bow to the shop to work on or even change strings,you will be able to do your self in no time.also there really isnt nothing to go out of tune,just keep an eye on your brace height and your good to go.(they stay accurate),good luck,hope you get one!
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

exomag - matrix 355 :D :D :D
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I have a vortex and a 355 matrix. Both are great bows and take any animal out there. The 355 is great in a blind, and I like the handling of it.plenty fast enough for me. The new bows are nice but very happy with I have now.good luck on your pick of one.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Current Gen. Model ? If'en yer referin to the Matrix or Micro's. Matrix 380 n 330, Micro 335, then jus which ever Exo model you find comfortable
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

matrix 355 gets my vote!!!
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

matrix 355 is a great bow
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Yep.... I'm not sure where you got much negative info on the Matrix 355 ? but I've owned 4 excals. And the 355 is the one I have no interest in letting go anywhere... You may however, also consider the 370 being built specifically for Cabelas... same warranty, a bit better outfitted with ADF, as well as a bit faster than the 355, while they have them priced the same.

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

My Micro 335 has been 100% reliable & pin point accurate...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....well there you go...answers all over the place with satisfied customers with every Excalibur....try a bunch out...see what feels right to you...shoot em if you get the opportunity....then make a decision...whatever it is you most likely will be happy....and you will sleep comfortably knowing there is a company which stands behind their product, no questions asked....

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xamoel

Post by xamoel »

Thank you for your quick replies!

Well I read f.e. in the "M405" thread that the Mega will soon be out of production, also due to problems with limbs cracking. One guy had to replace them 2 times, after only 25 shots or so.