2016 Models - Not impressed.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Squirrel

2016 Models - Not impressed.

Post by Squirrel »

Of all the new bows they could have released, that's it?

Micro 355 - basically the same bow as the Micro 335. What is the point of releasing the same bow with a few small tweaks? A difference of 20 FPS with a price of $1099. Micro 335's are selling on ebay for around $700. :|

Micro 315 - a stripped down version of the Micro 335, again basically the same bow and when you buy all the add-ons it will come to the price of a 335 or more? :cry:

Sapphire - it's a grizzly with an aluminum rail. Wow, innovation at it's finest. Come on :roll:

Bulldog 400 - This is the only one that may prove to be something new and exciting, but we'll have to see as the reviews and field tests add up.

What they should have released is a full camo 355. They did a limited release of the Matrix 350 in Mossy Oak Treestand and they flew off the shelves as soon as word got out.

Share your thoughts and be honest, I think they could of done better. :D
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: 2016 Models - Not impressed.

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Plenty to choose from as far as bows go I think, just me..I would have liked to see different package options a cross the board, scopes etc...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

I like the micro 355, you get a compact little bow with a set of balls (355 fps). The bulldog is a corrected matrix 405 so it not really that impressive, and the sapphire is totally pointless to me. So in all honesty I'd give today's release a 5/10 rating :?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... Agreed on different packages... That would have been nice... As would scope upgrades and possibly a built in crank (I realize the weight issue)... I am just not impressed to the point of feeling a need to own one... It will be interesting to hear reviews of the additional 10 lbs of DW on the 355...without the crank those 10" might seem like 10miles for some of us with bad shoulders... The 335 is my max!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

If they sold bare bows like they used to I may have interest. Until that day I will stick with what I have. I have enough stuff to unload already without adding to the pile.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Xbowkiller wrote:If they sold bare bows like they used to I may have interest. Until that day I will stick with what I have. I have enough stuff to unload already without adding to the pile.
I agree, IMO forcing the buyer to purchase a kit can be a deal breaker,at least it is for me. Having all the accessories I need, I have no desire to add duplicates. However I would have purchased additional bare bows, given the option.

Bill T's business model of letting the consumer pick and choose the accessories not only worked well for the consumer, but was what allowed it grow to the point of attracting new ownership.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Have all the cards been played yet? Just askin, sometimes they have one or two up their sleeve.

But I remember the days where a new Excalibur model was the same bow but now in black, or a thumbhole stock and thatsa 'bout it. Now, these are the glory days of short limb matrix and a even shorter micro. Man, they have come a long ways. It used to be that limb width was the #1 reason why someone would not buy an Excalibur.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I miss that the new xbows don't have unique names anymore... (with exception of the bulldog.)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

VixChix wrote:I miss that the new xbows don't have unique names anymore... (with exception of the bulldog.)
100% agree. although they have "sapphire" :| . & bulldog is a whole lot better than "mega"! Lynx is cool
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I really like the new bows. The Bulldog & New Micro 355 are very cool. The other new bows will fit a nitch market for some who need a lighter draw weight.

If you don't like what you see you can always spend your money on a new set of golf clubs... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Probably a good move from a marketing standpoint. I believe the Micro 335 has been by far their best selling bow since it came out and the new offerings, for the most part, reflect an expansion of that. The Bulldog addresses the 405 issues (we hope) so I think they covered all the bases. I'm glad to see the new lower poundage offerings. There is definetly a market for them.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

I like the look of the new stock on the Bulldog.Also I think the black rail on the 355 looks much better than the grey rail of the other Micro's.A little more speed is nice as long as it isn't more prone to limb failures.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Not too impressed I must say ! I'm still not sure where the limb issues stands ???
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

8ptbuk wrote:Not too impressed I must say ! I'm still not sure where the limb issues stands ???
Same. Names and looks don't get my money. Reliability, quality will. Not hearing what I wanted to hear so far as any big changes in that area.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

8ptbuk wrote:Not too impressed I must say ! I'm still not sure where the limb issues stands ???
Something tells me that Excalibur might have solved the limbs issue going forward. Of course there still exist the older limbs which will have to find a home. Perhaps they might be able to be used on the lesser draw weight bows.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.