Recess in riser. Why?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shadytree

Recess in riser. Why?

Post by Shadytree »

Why does the arrow tip not sit in the recess machined into the riser? My boltcutters fit in their nicely. It seems it would afford some protection for the arrow when busting through brush.
longbow joe

Re: Recess in riser. Why?

Post by longbow joe »

Good question shade i was wonderin that couple years back on my first excal.lm shootin 16.5s in my 330 n 355 n its not even close.I guess its like those fins on a ferrari or the hood scoop on a mustang ....that cuttout just looks cool.maby the tribal elders can come up with a real answer ...lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

IMO
If the broadheads were actually that" far in " :shock: the distinct possibiity would exist of placing your foot in the sturrip and inadvertently pulling the trigger to release the limbs and decock a bow while quite possibly putting a broadhead thru your foot as you had forgot to unload the bolt first... :cry: :oops:

By leaving it a bit longer to be contained within the area of the stirrup your foot would dislodge it as the foot enters the sturrip. This should bring it to your attention before tripping the trigger to physically decock the bow. :wink:

I think your right in thinking it's "For Looks Only" :wink:
Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
DMc

Post by DMc »

L. E. Carroll wrote:IMO
If the broadheads were actually that" far in " :shock: the distinct possibiity would exist of placing your foot in the sturrip and inadvertently pulling the trigger to release the limbs and decock a bow while quite possibly putting a broadhead thru your foot as you had forgot to unload the bolt first...
I have heard this also, but if it is a safety issue, why not just run the narrow channel all the way out? Why have a recessed area at all?
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

DMc wrote:
L. E. Carroll wrote:IMO
If the broadheads were actually that" far in " :shock: the distinct possibiity would exist of placing your foot in the sturrip and inadvertently pulling the trigger to release the limbs and decock a bow while quite possibly putting a broadhead thru your foot as you had forgot to unload the bolt first...
I have heard this also, but if it is a safety issue, why not just run the narrow channel all the way out? Why have a recessed area at all?
Weight
Balance
Cost

Off the top of my head
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

You can do what you want by cutting your arrows shorter. But as mentioned by Carroll there is safety in keeping your arrows longer so that your boot will kick out the arrow when you put your foot into the stirrup. Excalibur is doing the right thing by providing arrows of a "safe length". They sell crossbows to people who have never used them before...............citiots................and others who would love to sue them for not providing a safe operating environment. Cut arrows shorter at your own risk...
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
DMc

Post by DMc »

nchunterkw wrote:....
Weight
Balance
Cost....
That certainly is possible I suppose but surely all 3 of those could be achieved in many other ways while leaving no way to place a dangerously short arrow.
Shadytree

Post by Shadytree »

I think I'll shorten my arrows.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I wouldnt go further than 16.5 with a matrix bow.because of the foot ,stirrup foot safety and after that your gonna see accuracy drop with a shorter bolt anyway
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.