Scope Recommendation for HHA Optimizer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gregoire1960

Scope Recommendation for HHA Optimizer

Post by Gregoire1960 »

Just ordered a HHA Optimizer for the old Exocet. Looking for advise on a scope. I don't know much about scopes, but I do know that I want a variable power scope (2X6 or 3X9 maybe?) a clean uncluttered reticle, rugged, and decent light transmission.

I'm trying to keep the budget around $200 or $300 and am will consider buying used if it makes sense. Currently I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 on my rifle and muzzleloader....... not sure if that's a good choice for the crossbow? Thanks for any help offered.

Thanks!

Greg
maine hunter

Re: Scope Recommendation for HHA Optimizer

Post by maine hunter »

Congratulations on hha!!! When I got mine I got the whole package hha, came with the lighted hawk scope. Works great, just has a dot in it. No hash markes in it. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I use the HHA on one of my bows and you can't go wrong topping it off with a Leupold VXR in 2-7x or 3-9x. Alternatively, any Leupold shotgun scope like a VX1 would be bright and rugged enough. Those would be my top two choices.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I have 2 Leupold shotgun scopes 2x7 x33 and they are great, one is on my HHA the other on my wife's .243 rifle. The light transmission is awesome for such a small scope I was lucky enough to fine both of them on here used for $150.00 a piece. Good luck a lot of good choices out there.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
jdmax

Post by jdmax »

Leupold vxii ultra light. Love my set up with this.
JDMAX
Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

Thanks guys, seem to be noticing a pattern here :lol: Time to start looking around on the trading post.
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

I really like the vx1 1-4x20 heavy duplex shotgun scope I have on my big bore airgun .The eotech crossbow sight I sold to help fund the airgun was also very nice . An hha with a standard eotech would be pretty nice as well .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

I'm looking to buy the hha optimizer with the hawke scope package, I'm trying to find where I can buy it around here, ( Toronto)
Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

jparchery wrote:I'm looking to buy the hha optimizer with the hawke scope package, I'm trying to find where I can buy it around here, ( Toronto)
Not sure what's available in your area (Bass Pro in Vaughn?), but it's available on Amazon.ca with or without the scope option. You'd probably have it within 2 days as their facility is in Mississauga.
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

Found it on amazon, thanks