Dumb Question: Why Don't We Eat Yotes?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Dumb Question: Why Don't We Eat Yotes?

Post by wheelie »

Who says we don't eat them?
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

Have at er if ya want to eat a coyote. They do stink. I remember taking my trapping course and one of the animals we had to skin was a coyote. It was the nastiest smelling animal I've had the displeasure of skinning.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I know someone who tried yote, he said it was disgusting and would rather starve to death lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Bullzeye wrote:I know someone who tried yote, he said it was disgusting and would rather starve to death lol
Lol That's good stuff.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
typical10

Post by typical10 »

Where 's the beef~ :lol:
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

newbie wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaHxYlcjICA
This may answer a few questions.
Newb, thanks for the video. I think that it's definitely something I'm going to TRY. I'll be sure to make a video of it to post if and when I do.

Got to shoot one first.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

TheBig1 wrote:
newbie wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaHxYlcjICA
This may answer a few questions.
Newb, thanks for the video. I think that it's definitely something I'm going to TRY. I'll be sure to make a video of it to post if and when I do.

Got to shoot one first.

Chad
DON'T FORGET THE CETCHUP 8) 8) 8) :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

I think part of the reason it's not common for people to eat yotes is the fact that they're carnivores, very little vegetation in their diet at all. Bears are omnivores with most of their diet consisting of plants and berries. I'd try anything once but I don't think it would start a trend... Lol
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

Just because it stinks doesn't mean it's bad... an old feral hog smells like week old road kill on a good day. I had a couple of Mexican guys feed me some Armadillo one time, they told me it was squirrel. Those carry leprosy but I never hesitated to handle them, we used to chase them and kick them around when we were kids but I wouldn't have eaten one. It wasn't bad... never had it again though (that I know of). If you do eat some coyote I hope it works out good for you. I'd recommend washing it down with a tall cool cervesa though so you at least have a little alcohol on it to start killing anything the fire didn't get. Double trouble!
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Coon Gravy wrote:Just because it stinks doesn't mean it's bad... an old feral hog smells like week old road kill on a good day. I had a couple of Mexican guys feed me some Armadillo one time, they told me it was squirrel. Those carry leprosy but I never hesitated to handle them, we used to chase them and kick them around when we were kids but I wouldn't have eaten one. It wasn't bad... never had it again though (that I know of). If you do eat some coyote I hope it works out good for you. I'd recommend washing it down with a tall cool cervesa though so you at least have a little alcohol on it to start killing anything the fire didn't get. Double trouble!
Coon, I think that if I did try it, I'd probably try a crockpot recipe first that would cook for 8 hours. That way I'd feel more comfortable that it was cooked long enough. Like I said, if and/or I do try it, I'll definitely post a video of it on here for all to see.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

You really should try to make it to BooFest this summer. There'll be lots of good people there, I'm told.

Rather than experimenting on your own taste buds, why not make up a batch of Coyote and offer it to the group?

Think of some exotic French cuisine term to call it. That way you'll get the benefit of a "blind taste test", and best of all, you won't even be putting your own eyesight at risk.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Hi5 wrote:You really should try to make it to BooFest this summer. There'll be lots of good people there, I'm told.

Rather than experimenting on your own taste buds, why not make up a batch of Coyote and offer it to the group?

Think of some exotic French cuisine term to call it. That way you'll get the benefit of a "blind taste test", and best of all, you won't even be putting your own eyesight at risk.

I kind of like your way of thinking Brother!!!! That just might be the ticket.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

This too funny!! :lol: You guys!!

I'm going to go on record as saying that if you try to crock-pot a yote...you will throw the entire works, (pot and all) out after she heats up and fills your house with taint.... :lol:
And if you are married...well, it will take a little while to adjust to single life again, but you'll manage! :lol: :lol:

That being said...In the "Journals of Lewis & Clark" it is written that the "The men have begun to favor the flesh of the dog to that of the horse..." So there you have it...Those Indian horses must have been powerful nasty!! (The expedition is known to have boiled just about everything that they ate)
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

paulaboutform wrote:I guess it's physically possible to eat yotes but culturally we have a great aversion to it. Kind of like why we don't date our moms and sisters and cousins. Some cultures do it but it's GROSS! :wink:

Paul
I didn't think dating my cousin was gross?? :oops: :lol:

....but I'm still not eating coyote!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

All I know is that not even turkey vultures will eat coyote. The only thing that will consume ole wiley is maggots.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.