Anyone have a vendetta range finder on a 335?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcat

Anyone have a vendetta range finder on a 335?

Post by bobcat »

Thinking about mounting one on my micro. Would like to know others experiences with them, and if they fit on the micro.
bob watkins

Re: Anyone have a vendetta range finder on a 335?

Post by bob watkins »

i have one on my 335 and my 380 never leave without them
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Does the Vandetta have angle compensation? It turned out to be a feature I needed more than I thought.
I don't think that rangefinder is legal where I live, I love the concept though.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

Bob, how hard is it to set up? you set it up to hit with your 20 cross hair right?
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Had one on my vertical bow and loved it....wish I kept it for the Excalibur.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

easy to set up yes off the 20yd crosshair the new ones may have angle comp have not seen the spec on it yet you do have to keep checking them vibes nock it off not a b ig deal i check on stand can re set in about 30 seconds if i have to.the new one mount off the scope it may be better that way not sure.
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

The new Leupold® Vendetta™ bow-mounted rangefinder will revolutionize the way you hunt and dramatically improve your chance of hanging meat on the pole. Not since the introduction of the compound bow has there been such a dramatic innovation in bow hunting. Vendetta gives you an instant and precise digital readout of your target range – at full draw – with no excessive movement and less busted game. Simply push the trigger pad and Vendetta continually adjusts distance, angles and elevation as your target moves. Shoot with stealthy confidence that’s dead on (don’t forget a sharp knife for field-dressing).
from leupold's website .

sounds like it has angle compensation . One of these would be nice .Not sure if its legal here though .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

it works like any other range finder in the field. the laser beam is only for set up then it is not visible.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

bob watkins wrote:it works like any other range finder in the field. the laser beam is only for set up then it is not visible.
For us in Ontario, we can not have a laser site, even if just used to set it up. Awesome concept though.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

Actually a Vendetta Rangefinder is perfectly legal in Ontario. A laser sight is not. you are comparing apples and oranges. I was bidding on an old Bushnell yardage pro archery bow rangefinder to mount to my Axiom. the yardage pro archery is similar to the Vendetta but does not have angle compensation.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

cadmaster wrote:Actually a Vendetta Rangefinder is perfectly legal in Ontario. A laser sight is not. you are comparing apples and oranges. I was bidding on an old Bushnell yardage pro archery bow rangefinder to mount to my Axiom. the yardage pro archery is similar to the Vendetta but does not have angle compensation.
I wish I could agree, but you are mistaken. In Ontario we can not have a visible laser on anything that involves hunting.
When a sight has a visible laser dot, it is illegal, trying to convince a CO it is only for setting it up is a futile effort.
If you feel it is right, move forward, but it is illegal. Sad but true. If you doubt me, you are welcome to dispute it, more than welcome. I speak to our COs almost daily, and they all have the same opinion. Do what YOU think is right, but from the eyes of the ones who nab ya, it is very ILLEGAL.
Be safe, hunt safe, and do so with caution.

So, before this becomes a conversation about the little stuff, I will put you in contact with the head of all our conservation officers, he would be the one to fine you, or just guide his staff who also fines you. Also the one who responds when someone complains. I just spoke to him, and you are welcome to use my name should you decide to call. He will know what the call is regarding.
You CAN NOT have a visible laser dot on hunting equipment in Ontario. Silly law, but still a law.
Apples and apples. Again, weird law, but still the law.
WMU 91
Boo string
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Pydpiper......after the initial setup, there is no dot to be seen while hunting. That is why after much investigation of that same topic, I used one on my Vertical bow. Yes, the Ministry may decide to lay the charge but that is up to the discretion of the individual officer, much like any LEO can lay a charge for what they think is an offence...doesn't mean a conviction will follow. Roadside interpretation and conviction in court are two different things.
As one in the legal profession, I would say you would have a very good argument if you were ever charged.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Reinyrooster wrote:Pydpiper......after the initial setup, there is no dot to be seen while hunting. That is why after much investigation of that same topic, I used one on my Vertical bow. Yes, the Ministry may decide to lay the charge but that is up to the discretion of the individual officer, much like any LEO can lay a charge for what they think is an offence...doesn't mean a conviction will follow. Roadside interpretation and conviction in court are two different things.
As one in the legal profession, I would say you would have a very good argument if you were ever charged.
It certainly isn't my interpretation. Law say no red dot, if it is on a bow or gun, you are breaking the law. I asked, I was answered, it is just a fact. The ability to to turn it on or off does not change the fact you have it.
Its law, I don't agree, I just follow.
WMU 91
Boo string
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

"Law say no red dot, if it is on a bow or gun, you are breaking the law"......the law refers to WHEN HUNTING. What lights I may have on my bow or visible on my bow when I am on the range or anywhere other then hunting are of no consequence. The Ministry doesn't care if I have a spotlight on my bow....on the range.

I have been involved in the legal profession in one way or another since 1977....the law....any law...is open to interpretation and common sense enforcement and adjudication. The Ministry has no say in what you use on the range.....it's what you are using when you are engaged in hunting that matters and when hunting, there is no laser dot emitted by the Vendetta that is visible to the human eye.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Fair enough. Good luck. I am just a simple laborer. I can only hunt a couple times a month, if that. I appreciate the input.
WMU 91
Boo string