See All open sight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim M

See All open sight

Post by Jim M »

I'm considering trying one of these for next year. All of my shooting is close range and those rutting bucks don't give you much time. Anyone try one on a crossbow? I'm thinking that it might be more dependable than a red dot, however, I'm not sure it could be adjusted for a sharp image for my old eyes.
They do,however, offer a 30 day trial. I'd appreciate your feedback.
bob watkins

Re: See All open sight

Post by bob watkins »

you only see half of your target with it so you really got to judge your distance pretty good . i think if you shot it enough you can get use to it really better fitted for guns jmo works good on shotguns
cld.1

Post by cld.1 »

They work well for deer hunting. Took 4 deer with it this past season. Its true you can't see the lower half of the target when using (1) eye, but with both eyes open you can see the whole target. Takes a little getting used to using both eyes open. With the single aim point and the size of the kill zone on a deer you can pretty much keep the same aim point out to 35yds or so for deer hunting. Shooting a little high or low for 20 or 40 yds is very easy for a deer size target. Very quick to acquire a target and don't have to remember to turn it on like a red dot. I have it mount on the HHA rail and the only time I changed the yardage aim point hunting was to take a squirrel at a ranged 58yds. I'm not always thrilled about the sight compared to a scope because it seems less accurate because you can't see the target as well, but hitting the squirrel was proof enough for me that the sight works well for deer hunting. As long as you can see your target without magnification it will work well. It is an open sight and just like any other open sight will not have the same precision and sight picture as a scope. For deer hunting and crossbow ranges this is not a problem and I like the speed of the target acquisition vs the scope that came on the 355 which I think had 3x magnification.

With the scope I ended up taking a couple of shots at much longer distances than I would have liked to because I could not find the deer quick enough as it came out of the brush walking. Had deer come in at 5yds from me and by the time I could find the deer in the scope it was at 30-40yds or so.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

This is something I would probably like, when I started shooting bows in 1960 I shot with both eyes open, and I continued to shoot with both eyes open, even with a peep sight on my compound bows,! it sure does open a whole different view, by widening your field of vision. :wink:

Dave
p.s. thanks for bringing this to my attention. :)
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Check out the Amazon reviews, quite spotty
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
LoneWolf45

Post by LoneWolf45 »

I recommend the EOTech Xbow sight, if cost isn't a significant factor. Range estimation and fast target acquisition for close ranges are the strengths of this sight. I LOVE mine.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I've never heard of this See All sight, but for the price, I believe I'll give one a try.
Jim M

Post by Jim M »

Thanks guys. I've read many of the reviews. but haven't found any using crossbows. I would like to try an Eotech, but really don't want to spend that kind of money.
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

I had one on my crossbow & did hot like it! As stated earlier it is probably better suited for firearms!