Broadhead for a excalibur micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jwall

Broadhead for a excalibur micro 335

Post by Jwall »

I am new to crossbows. I just purchased the micro 335 and looking for the best broadheads for my standard quills to hunt turkey and deer with. Any suggestions are appreciated.
xcaliber

Re: Broadhead for a excalibur micro 335

Post by xcaliber »

Since the front inserts are aluminum, I would go with 125 grin heads, or heavier. Most good brands fly great, provide good results. I would shoot a few times with the heads for final tuning.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Jwall

Post by Jwall »

I thought about just getting the excalibur bolt cutter and going from there. Says they are 150gr so I figured they prob make the best set up for their equipment. I wanted to try a tom bomb or magnus turkey broadheads but have a feeling they wont do well with the quill
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I used 150 gr Boltcutters with my Exomax and M380, but I switched to 100 gr Carbon Express XT4 with my Micro and got GREAT results. They shoot great and produce excellent blood trails.
fratri

Post by fratri »

I had some great success on deer with 125 gr slick tricks using stock quills.
"Everthing is easy when you know how"
"Food is not grown in stores"
Fratri
Jwall

Post by Jwall »

retrieverman wrote:I used 150 gr Boltcutters with my Exomax and M380, but I switched to 100 gr Carbon Express XT4 with my Micro and got GREAT results. They shoot great and produce excellent blood trails.
Retrieverman what distance are you shooting and do you put different inserts in yours? Also, with lighter heads do you have to worry about limb failure or anything of that nature
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

When I first got my micro, I was all stock with it and had great success taking two deer with it and using the boltcutter broadheads. It was a very accurate setup really.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
Jwall

Post by Jwall »

Thanks to everyone for all the info and tips
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

125 gr RamCats fly extremely well for me.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Jwall wrote:
retrieverman wrote:I used 150 gr Boltcutters with my Exomax and M380, but I switched to 100 gr Carbon Express XT4 with my Micro and got GREAT results. They shoot great and produce excellent blood trails.
Retrieverman what distance are you shooting and do you put different inserts in yours? Also, with lighter heads do you have to worry about limb failure or anything of that nature
My crossbow hunting range is 30 yards (+/-), and accuracy is great. My total arrow weight with the 100 gr broadheads is 377 grains, and I didn't change anything when I switched head weights. My Micro may fall apart the next time I shoot it, but so far, it's been absolutely problem free.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

NAP XXX spitfire. Insane blood trails and field point accurate...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Honcho

Post by Honcho »

I just got a Micro myself and I will use a Slick Trick in whatever weight that gets me between 375-400 grains. I have used them for years with great success. But the main thing is to use something that hits where you aim.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Slicks Trick mag, when all else fails to please.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
huntinwi

Post by huntinwi »

Grizztrick 2 and spitfire maxx

Post by newbie »

Most heads will work just fine. Everyone will have their own personal preference for heads. Main thing is your confidence in what you have one the end of your arrow.
You wont know unless you get out and try different heads what works best for you and your setup.
Ive shot slicks mags and grizz, swhackers, g5 strikers, grimm reapers plus many more.
All will do the job if i do my part sighting in the head and knowing how it operates and knowing it will end up where i aim.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!