hunting use for drones?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

evaughan

Re: hunting use for drones?

Post by evaughan »

drone use would be absolutely devastating on moose. im sure it's being done from remote camps already.
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wildcatter wrote:I hate drowns, I think they should be outlawed for anything! I say people should get of their lazy ass and on their feet and learn how to hunt the way hunting was supposed to be, and that aint from sitting on their ars and twisting knobs!

But they've screwed up everything else in this world, I don't suppose the world will be happy till everything that was once sacred is screwed up,,,,, :?
Because you hate it, they should be banned? Sounds familiar.
Drones have many good uses, they are used for inspecting bridges, towers where it used to be a man suspended from a cable. They are used in hostage situations where it replaced a person who had to walk in to a dangerous situation. Hunting however, is not a good use for them.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I have seen them used for a lot of things. I think that they can save lives to. I hope that they can be somehow put to use but I have no idea how they are going to keep people from using them for all the wrong things. It is truly a new world. If technology takes its normal course I bet they get them down to the size of a flea. Imagine the possibilities. :idea:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

IMO, they have NO USE in the hunting field...... all of this Technology is gonna' come back and Bite us in the ASS. :shock: :twisted:

If someone is that damed lazy ? and feel a need for one of these to do their scouting and possible locating of a "Game Animal" to stalk and try to kill ? :roll:

Why not just encourage them to continue setting on the couch where their coming up with these brain farts and take the "drone money" to the local Grocery Store and use it to buy a bunch of Steaks ...

I'm sure stories could still be concocked as to how hard it was to get, how far it ran after being hit , and all while chewing and pausing to say "WOW this one does really taste as good as Beef" :roll:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

L. E. Carroll wrote:IMO, they have NO USE in the hunting field...... all of this Technology is gonna' come back and Bite us in the ASS. :shock: :twisted:

If someone is that damed lazy ? and feel a need for one of these to do their scouting and possible locating of a "Game Animal" to stalk and try to kill ? :roll:

Why not just encourage them to continue setting on the couch where their coming up with these brain farts and take the "drone money" to the local Grocery Store and use it to buy a bunch of Steaks ...

I'm sure stories could still be concocked as to how hard it was to get, how far it ran after being hit , and all while chewing and pausing to say "WOW this one does really taste as good as Beef" :roll:

Gene
LOL.. 'Evil technology' says the guy holding a state of the art crossbow, leaning against a quad..
That was awesome!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I'm not opposed to technology, but rarely does technology work to our advantage as much as we think it may. Nothing beats going out and doing it the old fashioned way.

I still want a thermal imager tho! To make up for my genetic defect. Lol. Dam red/green color-blindness
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Pydpiper wrote:
L. E. Carroll wrote:IMO, they have NO USE in the hunting field...... all of this Technology is gonna' come back and Bite us in the ASS. :shock: :twisted:

Gene
LOL.. 'Evil technology' says the guy holding a state of the art crossbow, leaning against a quad..
That was awesome!
Maybe ? However, if you could see the Orange Placard on the back of the quad you'll read "Disabled Hunter",,,However, even with severe CPOD from years of welding metal covered in lead based paint and covered in galvanized finishes while doing my 30 at BNSF R/R, I still only utilize the quad when I can get it to an animal "to give him a ride out". I might add that no hunting is accomplished using the quad as transportation.

I don't set in trees as many young healty guys choose too do while waiting over a pile of corn to bring "ONE IN".. I have however over the past 50 years covered ( with loongbow or recurve in hand ) vast areas of timber and Sage Brush here in Washington State while successfully hunting both Mule Deer, Blacktail deer, and Elk..

Making the decision to switch to "high tech." as in my "having" to use a crossbows to continue hunting the archery season with old friends was actually very hard decision to make and took me three years to do so, after tearing out the tricep in my upper left arm...

You see I'm a past Associate Member of the PBS, as well as a past Regional Director for the Traditional Bowhunters of Washington... ( Both groups are addamently opposed to crossbows use in archery season )... I resigned from both groups prior to taking up the cross bow and have since lost some, whom I I thought of as friends, as a result of the choice too make the switch.

I did make it "Not Quite So Painfull" by choosing a more "Traditional" recurve crossbow vrs. one that could possibly be mistaken as a Garage Door Opener with all of its cables and pulleys.

So I guess in my case, if what you see in my avatar picture sets you off ? Maybe it's my actual having taken yet another elk at 64 years old, that has done it?

You really do have to get off of the Couch to make good memories happen when it comes to bow hunting of any kind.

Hopefully I'll never see a Drone in areas I'm ever hunting, and if that is the case at some point? I hope I'm dead by then, as at that point my careing will no longer matter. :wink:
But then I must admit that is a pretty Concervative Point of View. :lol:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Pydpiper wrote:
wildcatter wrote:I hate drowns, I think they should be outlawed for anything! I say people should get of their lazy ass and on their feet and learn how to hunt the way hunting was supposed to be, and that aint from sitting on their ars and twisting knobs!

But they've screwed up everything else in this world, I don't suppose the world will be happy till everything that was once sacred is screwed up,,,,, :?
Because you hate it, they should be banned? Sounds familiar.
Drones have many good uses, they are used for inspecting bridges, towers where it used to be a man suspended from a cable. They are used in hostage situations where it replaced a person who had to walk in to a dangerous situation. Hunting however, is not a good use for them.
Exactly another good point about those worthless invasion of privacy buzzen job stealing pieces of CHIT!!! Most doing what you have no Idea of love it!! I have built over 20 bridges in my life, and set 3 Towers, along with replacing 680' of 4" copper coaxial and suspension hangers on a 6'x6'x6' TV Tower working at night so the station could be on air from 8am - 12 midnight every day. Love watching a city wake up at 4am and coming to life as the sun comes up from over 700' in the air!!! Like to see that drone grease those guy cables riding from where they are attached to ground in a basket with trollys attached to it with a fellow worker letting you slide down them 100 yards out into a field, from several feet up where they are attached,, to out where they are anchored, that is what hold's that tower up that sets on an 10 steel ball at the base. Or jumping in that 50 gal drum hooked to a gate block at the top and ran back to a winch truck so you don't spen all night climbing up and down, you love to enjoy that rope ride,,,, :wink:

Trust me this is a job that those of us that do it, do so because we love it, knowing full well most wouldn't even attempt it! Not to mention make a seriously comfortable living doing it. Beets the hell outa doing oil changes fer a living and trying to get ahead!

I'm sure have no Idea about inspecting and building bridges let alone how to properly use a boatswain's chair, let alone how safe it is when skilled tradesman use them. As a Union Ironworker and a now retired honorary member of the International Association of Bridge, Structural and Ornamental Iron Workers and and a Journeyman Rigging and Machinery Mover,,,,, believe it or not we that do that job appreciate the job security and realize the majority are terrified at the sound of what we wake up for daily and do because we love it. We are thankful for chance to do these task and make a living that keeps us surviving better than a burger flipper, and as a matter of fact are quite proud to have the chance to earn such a living!!

Like I said, they have one use in my opinion,,, serve those that are to lazy to do whatever with any effort, and in this case serve those to lazy or to paranoid to a job they were hired to do, but many would love take that income from someone willing to earn it.

Yes ban the Bas_ards is what I would like to see!!! Maybe we can find a machine to put you outa work to!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

There is way too much chest thumping and finger pointing in this thread.

How about we let the law figure out what's legal, and keep your personal ethics to yourself and don t damn anyone for having a different opinion
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

one shot scott wrote:There is way too much chest thumping and finger pointing in this thread.

How about we let the law figure out what's legal, and keep your personal ethics to yourself and don t damn anyone for having a different opinion
Never argued with you, never will. It's a respect thing.
However, I am going to respond to the drama, straighten out a saggy lineman's cable, it's how I roll. I would hope that if I am wrong, someone will do the same for me. It's all about learning, and I look forward to information that keeps me on the straight and narrow. This thread however, seems more about whining about technology while at the same time preaching about why technology is good for them, but nobody else. Me, just happy I am alive.
WMU 91
Boo string
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

You can be dang sure the game wardens will be using them to keep an eye on hunters.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

:lol:

I reckon a game warden wouldn't like having his drone shot down, but at least he would have great footage of the guy doing it.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Hunt it wrote:You can be dang sure the game wardens will be using them to keep an eye on hunters.
For sure, they sure won't be putting much effort into it that's for sure!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

The only hunting use I can see suitable for responsible hunting activities involving a drone.......Image

Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

wildcatter wrote:The only hunting use I can see suitable for responsible hunting activities involving a drone.......Image

Know your target and BEYOND keeps screaming at me. :lol: :lol: :lol: