Oh Oh, my new Micro335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

va3cgt

Oh Oh, my new Micro335

Post by va3cgt »

So I picked up a new Micro 335 today and noticed right out of the box the cheek rest screws were both loose. No biggie, I got the philips head driver and slowly tightened the screws down....they kept turning and turning and turning with no end in sight. obviously they were stripped during the manufacturing process. Not good. I'm disappointed because It was either the Micro 335 or a Weihrauch HW98...

So I sent Excal an email explaining what happened.

Has anyone else heard of this problem?

As well, I thought the Micro came with the Air Brake system? Mine didn't.

Re: Oh Oh, my new Micro335

Post by newbie »

Congrats on the sweet bow. LOVE mine.
My cheeck piece screws were fine.
And click on the Micro 335 on the left hand side and read to see whats included.
Hint no air brakes are included with any bow. Unless some vendors add them to package themselves.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

I wasn't sure if the air brakes came with it or not. I have my answer. I sure hope I don't have to send in the whole bow over the stripped cheek piece. I'd be better off taking it back to BP for a replacement but I'll see what excalibur says.
Heavvyduty

Post by Heavvyduty »

va3cgt wrote:I wasn't sure if the air brakes came with it or not. I have my answer. I sure hope I don't have to send in the whole bow over the stripped cheek piece. I'd be better off taking it back to BP for a replacement but I'll see what excalibur says.
If you want to save yourself some time. Just wrap some Teflon tape around them with lock tite and yer done.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i had a 335 Micro camo version with loose and creeky cheek pad issues. i tightened the screws but it stil makes a pop click sound if i wiggle it back and forth.
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

foofoo wrote:i had a 335 Micro camo version with loose and creeky cheek pad issues. i tightened the screws but it stil makes a pop click sound if i wiggle it back and forth.
Sounds like the composite cheekpiece is already semi stripped on yours. I noticed there's not much material for the course thread screws to grab onto. The matrix cheekpiece is rock solid because of the way it attaches and the fine thread hex bolt that is used.

I think Excal may have to have another look at the cheekpiece and how its attached. In any event I've taken it off because it won't stay on. I find shouldering the bow without the cheekpiece aligns the bow to my eye without a problem, but I'd like to have a new cheekpiece.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Heavvyduty wrote:
va3cgt wrote:I wasn't sure if the air brakes came with it or not. I have my answer. I sure hope I don't have to send in the whole bow over the stripped cheek piece. I'd be better off taking it back to BP for a replacement but I'll see what excalibur says.
If you want to save yourself some time. Just wrap some Teflon tape around them with lock tite and yer done.

Done that before ,,
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

rein1 wrote:
Heavvyduty wrote:

Done that before ,,
OK, so it's not an uncommon problem.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

If you want to save yourself some time. Just wrap some Teflon tape around them with lock tite and yer done.[/quote]

Done that before ,,[/quote]
OK, so it's not an uncommon problem.[/quote]

....Hi, I have been a member of the forum for over two years and quite honestly I have never heard of this before....I own two Micros and neither one has had the cheek piece issue that you refer to...I do understand how you feel though...If it is not an issue in returning it to BP I would just go ahead in doing that....However, is it the actual cheek piece or the holes in the stock area that are amiss?....If it is the stock would putting a wood putty in and letting it harden and then tightening the screws solve the problem? Is there any way to post pictures?

....You have an excellent bow there that I know will give you many years of enjoyment...once you get past this I am sure you will be well pleased with your decision!

ANthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Honcho

Post by Honcho »

I had the same problem, and the Teflon tape took care of it.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The stock screw holes fer cheek piece are stripped! Either exchange the stock or the Micro completely. Don't accept a brand new model that has problems! I am surprised at the members here n some of the advice given on a brand new Micro.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:The stock screw holes fer cheek piece are stripped! Either exchange the stock or the Micro completely. Don't accept a brand new model that has problems! I am surprised at the members here n some of the advice given on a brand new Micro.

....Mike...you might recall, when I received my Micro and purchased the C2...the hole was drilled a little off...I could have returned it and gotten another....as this option was made available...I instead took a tool and worked out a little more of the material to make the crank screw work....yea returning it sure is an option and I think we all agree with the frustration of having something new not work perfectly...however, I think the advice was spot on if he chose not to return it or if he felt it would be too much of a hassle...just another work around to be had!....just saying! :wink:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jus sayin this time of the yr, has plenty of time n Lifetime Warranty to be used! :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

va3cgt wrote:So I picked up a new Micro 335 today and noticed right out of the box the cheek rest screws were both loose. No biggie, I got the philips head driver and slowly tightened the screws down....they kept turning and turning and turning with no end in sight. obviously they were stripped during the manufacturing process. Not good. I'm disappointed because It was either the Micro 335 or a Weihrauch HW98...

So I sent Excal an email explaining what happened.

Has anyone else heard of this problem?

As well, I thought the Micro came with the Air Brake system? Mine didn't.
I do not think the micro 335 or others come with air brakes..I am trying to find out if they are really needed anyhow for deer hunting..
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I seems to me like it's your cheek rest thats stripped...as the bolts on mine seem to go thru the stock from the back side and tighten into the cheek rest to secure it to the stock..?

That being the case ? There would be no reason to replace the stock. I would just send the cheek rest to Excal or Danny Miller and ask for a new one... This is a warranty issue. I'm sure they would be happy to take care of it.

The cheek rest is so light you can put it in a padded envelope and send very cheaply thru the mail.. That's how I recieved one I bought and had shiped for my 355 from a dealer in Canada some time back.

If you feel the need for airbrakes for your Micro ? I have a brand new set that has never been mounted and is still in the packaging. :wink: It came with my Micro as part of a "special package" deal that was put together and sold by Cabelas last fall..... It can be yours pretty cheap as I have no use for it ?

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier