Replaced a new Twilight DLX

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Goose52

Replaced a new Twilight DLX

Post by Goose52 »

Santa brought me a micro 335 with a Twilight DLX scope for christmas. Everything was working fine but last week when i had to take it out again for a daydream hunt only the green illumination was working, not the red. I could easily have lived with that but when you pay almost $800 for something it should work without flaw so i called excalibur & received a new one in less than a week. Which leads me to
1. kudos to excal for great customer support
2. what's the deal with twilight scopes? Is this sort of thing common?

I have seen threads on dead zone & tact zone scopes in this forum but nothing on the twilight. Anybody have any long term experience with it?

Thanks,
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
rein1

Re: Replaced a new Twilight DLX

Post by rein1 »

I have a couple of twilights with one being over a years with no problems , My newest did the same as yours within a month of buying .. I did find out if your battery is low it could cause similar problems ..
Heavvyduty

Post by Heavvyduty »

Thing about this scope. It,s good without the green or red lite
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Sometimes......when only one of the illuminated reticles works....try a new battery. I has fixed some before. just a thought.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

I appreciate your replies... also, i searched the forum & did find some older threads on the twilight
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

flightattendant100 wrote:Sometimes......when only one of the illuminated reticles works....try a new battery. I has fixed some before. just a thought.
I thought my Tach Zone scope headed south as the green reticle quit working. Put in a new battery and all is well, I would have never thought a low battery would let the red reticle work but not the green..... but that's what happened.
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

i spose it is entirely possible that i returned a perfectly fine scope to be replaced. well, i now know it is possible & will check it if this ever happens again. i will also check my scope to be sure the illumination is off when i put it away. thanks.
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Normous

Post by Normous »

At the local tool supply store I found a 10 pack of 2032 batteries for $5.99 on sale. On my stock I keep a single 2032 under duct tape incase of need.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Goose52 wrote:i spose it is entirely possible that i returned a perfectly fine scope to be replaced. well, i now know it is possible & will check it if this ever happens again. i will also check my scope to be sure the illumination is off when i put it away. thanks.
If your not going to use it for awhile, I'd recommend taking the battery out. Seems there is still a little current drain even with it off. Some people just flip the battery over. I just remove it to avoid any unnecessary corrosion that may build, and to save battery life.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.