Are You Tough Enough?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MTBighorn

Are You Tough Enough?

Post by MTBighorn »

LOL... I have had a Matrix 380 for about a year now...and when I first got my Xtra, I went out on my property to shoot "targets of opportunity"...I forgot my cocking rope. :roll: Well try as I might, there was NO way in H*** I could get my 380 cocked without my rope.

I tried it tonight under the same scenario and to my surprise... I was able to get it to the Guardian without too much pain... :lol: Yeah I might have gotten it all the way, but I could feel my back screaming for the chiropractor so I stopped!

So how many of you brutes are able to cock there M380/ (ect. bow) by hand ..in a pinch??

Yes I know it does not lead to the best accuracy...but neither does an un-cocked bow :mrgreen:
Heavvyduty

Re: Are You Tough Enough?

Post by Heavvyduty »

I can with gloves on. But I,m 6ft4 an 350lbs an a young 55 lol
rein1

Post by rein1 »

I have done my 405 this way ,,, Just out of curiosity.,,
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Nope. :lol:

I only tried once half-heartedly with my ExoMax and decided I would like to use my hands another day. Then one day I found myself in my stand with a freshly uncocked bow with deer in range and my cocking rope inaccessible. (Its a long story.)

Given the added adrenaline of the moment I figured I could get it done. Nope. If it was life or death, I could cock it. But the stakes would have to be that high. I'd just have to live with ragged digits.

My Micro? :shock: I wouldn't even consider it. I may pay to see it though.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I think I could do it with leather gloves on but the benefit of my years has taught me that it's much easier to keep my cocking aid attached to my bow and carry a spare in my pack. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Post by newbie »

Nope, no way nada! But i do have three rope cockers in my bow bag and one lives in my truck!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

No, i not gonna try it. Enormous tried it once on a Hog Hunt n got it up over the ADF, he be stouter than i am. I use my C2
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

No way would I even consider it, 4 or 5 years ago I cocked my Exomax,,,, today there is now way I would do that, but the 355 and up is beyond me powers,,, them Titanium pins and screws would be stick'n out my neck and stripped outa da plates, my neurologist would be all over my ars,,,,, :(
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

I pass on even trying it. Am I tough enough? Won't ever know until I have a charging grizzly baring down on me, and left without a choice. Hopefully I would be able to answer the question then with a yes.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

If Normous only made it to the ADF I'm changing my answer to NO.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

[Oh.... these are such fun answers!!!,

Rein and HeavyDuty... I want to hunt with you boys!! Even if I can't kick your ass :lol: ,

I would surely appreciate all of your' help packing out a bull elk!! :mrgreen: ..LOL

But that being said...I'll bet you all would appreciate my help if we found ourselves alone in the high country with just a bow and a prayer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:,,,but someone would have to cock my bow!! :lol: :mrgreen:
Wes
Heavvyduty

Post by Heavvyduty »

MTBighorn wrote:[Oh.... these are such fun answers!!!,

Rein and HeavyDuty... I want to hunt with you boys!! Even if I can't kick your ass :lol: ,

I would surely appreciate all of your' help packing out a bull elk!! :mrgreen: ..LOL

But that being said...I'll bet you all would appreciate my help if we found ourselves alone in the high country with just a bow and a prayer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:,,,but someone would have to cock my bow!! :lol: :mrgreen:
Wes
LOL
sitruc

Post by sitruc »

Pulled my exomax ONCE. Worst part is the string on fingers, and my hands are not that soft.
Excalibur Exomax
Horton Storm
PSE Premonition
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

I thought about it "once" --- decided that was not a positive idea --but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn. :D :D :D
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

If I could, I wouldn't! :lol: :lol: I can't hardly cock them with the rope cocker.
Last edited by flightattendant100 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.