2016 Micros

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

2016 Micros

Post by Sloppy Does »

Are the limbs the same on the new micro 335 and the micro 355 ? And are they the same as last years micro 335 limbs or have they changed?
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75

Re: 2016 Micros

Post by newbie »

Same limbs on both bows. There was an issue with limbs being over heated during finish curing. That is no longer an issue.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

bunyipslayier wrote:
newbie wrote:Same limbs on both bows. There was an issue with limbs being over heated during finish curing. That is no longer an issue.
What happen to all the over heated limbs with issues were are they now ?
Hi Joe, maybe they're on the new kodabow scout.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Not sure what this has do with my question on what happen to the over heated limbs with issues? have all over cooked limbs been recalled?=do all limbs have serial numbers ? What happened to the bad limbs with issues are they still on some dealer shelf's .....[/quote]

It was a VERY funny inside joke, and certainly NOT to disrespect you or your question....maybe someone has the answer to your question. my guess would be that unless the Micro limbs have serial numbers a recall could be impossible.
rest assured, Excal has the BEST warranty...you can have an Excal bow that has been through ten owners and dry fired twenty times and they will replace damaged limbs no questions asked....
norm
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

paulaboutform wrote:
bunyipslayier wrote:
newbie wrote:Same limbs on both bows. There was an issue with limbs being over heated during finish curing. That is no longer an issue.
What happen to all the over heated limbs with issues were are they now ?
Hi Joe, maybe they're on the new kodabow scout.
too too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
norm
rein1

Post by rein1 »

What happen to all the over heated limbs with issues were are they now ?[/quote]
Hi Joe, maybe they're on the new kodabow scout.[/quote]

norm[/quote]

Lol Joe's been outed again
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

rein1 wrote:What happen to all the over heated limbs with issues were are they now ?
Hi Joe, maybe they're on the new kodabow scout.[/quote]

norm[/quote]

Naïve me, I didn't even realize that was Joe baiting us again!!!!!
norm
sitruc

Post by sitruc »

Another week-end of Joe [bunyipslayer] rant about broken limbs? Broken record.
Excalibur Exomax
Horton Storm
PSE Premonition
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I just bought 2 Micro 335 and my FIRST excalibur bows ...I talked to local guy and he had 2 sets split on his Micro 335 also last year.. He is member here also..
That is crazy if true.....As long as EXCALIBUR covers limbs years from now or not years from now I am fine..
Last edited by sproulman on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post by newbie »

I dont think the Micro platform is going away anytime soon. To me it is the perfect hunting bow.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

newbie wrote:I dont think the Micro platform is going away anytime soon. To me it is the perfect hunting bow.
I like size of bow very much ..I have horton with new limbs they split befoe also but they had new limbs put on and no problem at all also..I did not even know limbs split the excalibur dealer found it while I had her put new string on my Horton ...Only shot about 30 times from that bow also..That was HORTONS top bow at time too...
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

newbie wrote:I dont think the Micro platform is going away anytime soon. To me it is the perfect hunting bow.
Same here. Hope it remains for other's to enjoy the benefits of it. Mine's not going anywhere. I was even one of the unlucky to get the "overheated" limbs. Found out in the first month of ownership. The replacements are going threw 100s if not a thousand of shots so far. And being left cocked all day on hunts. And many times overnight stretching new stings. Haven't seen any changes in FPS shooting threw my chrony even. Feeling good. But there's always a chance anything could go south. With anything. Have confidence it's all behind us. They couldn't afford to not nip that problem in the bud.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

So micro limbs were being overheated but other excal limbs weren't? I was going to buy a micro but won't be anytime soon after all of the limb issues. Hopefully they've been addressed.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Hey Big Woods hope Peters post will ease your mind.

Excalibur Marketing Dude » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 am

The Matrix 405 has certainly got it's 15 minutes of fame in social media. :D Here's the deal, we sold a lot of the Matrix 405's and many of them had no issues.

However, due to the high demand we were pushing our suppliers to get parts completed faster so, they decided increasing the heat would speed up the cure time during the coating process, which it does. But, as we discovered it also can affect the limb integrity. This did not happen to all batches (that's why many have had no issues at all) but the real problem was we didn't know exactly which limbs were affected so it was like the old preverbal "needle in a hay stack".

This situation made us change how we do things and now we have a better way to track limb batches and can control the coating process better. So, although we never like having any warranty issues, the limb problems we did have taught us a few things. I'm really excited about the future of the Excalibur crossbow line up and I think our limbs are the best made in the industry! (ok I'm a little biased :D )

I'm also very proud of our customer service team. Dealing with upset hunters is no easy task. Try dealing with a guy who took 2 weeks off for a dream hunt to only have his limb break at the start of the hunt with no shops for a hundred miles! Wrestling a Grizzly bear would probably be more fun. :lol: But our team came through this season well and we kept most of our customers happy. Customer service has always been the driving force of our company which started with Bill T's passion to never let a hunter lose a day hunting and we still follow that motto.

The 405 is really an awesome crossbow and the model has a great following. Even for owners that had a limb problem most still expressed their love for this beast of a crossbow. :D

But for 2016 we thought there are few things we can do to make the crossbow even better. The riser on the new Bulldog has a 6 degree backwards sweep to change the angle on the limbs and allowing it to bend more naturally and remove some stress. The problem was now that we needed a slightly longer power stroke to develop the same performance, therefore we designed a new bull-pup stock. The new stock allowed us to have the grip further forward making the crossbow balance nicely and decrease the forward weight issue some crossbows have. The design also allowed us to make the over all length less (35.75" compared to 36.25") with a slightly longer power stroke and the same outstanding 400 fps performance.

So, although we had to say good-bye to the beloved 405, the Bulldog 400 is an awesome replacement and I think those who loved the 405 will warm up to the new Bulldog with no problem.

PeterUser avatar
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Private messageE-mail Excalibur Marketing Dude
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats

Post by newbie »

Big Woods wrote:So micro limbs were being overheated but other excal limbs weren't? I was going to buy a micro but won't be anytime soon after all of the limb issues. Hopefully they've been addressed.
All limbs not just Micro. Its addressed per Peters post.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads