New String

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gwhuntr

New String

Post by gwhuntr »

I have an Ibex with the standard string on it.
Been reading a lot of posts on other string makers.
Not really leaning towards a Flemish.
Not to dis anyone of them but I am looking for one that has minimal stretch.

Thanx,
GregO
>>>------->

Ibex
Ten Point Pro Elite Arrows
125 gr Magnus Stingers
Lumenoks
vixenmaster

Re: New String

Post by vixenmaster »

Its mostly the material that causes the stretch, some materials are jus prone to it more than others. Pick the style string you like n get a couple strings made in the good material thats not goin to give much
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Check out Boocustomstrings.com website. There's a tonne of information on there about strings and more. It'll help you tremendously.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
gwhuntr

Post by gwhuntr »

vixenmaster wrote:Its mostly the material that causes the stretch, some materials are jus prone to it more than others. Pick the style string you like n get a couple strings made in the good material thats not goin to give much
You make strings correct? Do you have contact info other than here?

Thanx,
GregO
>>>------->

Ibex
125 gr Magnus Stingers
Lumenoks
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

gwhuntr wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Its mostly the material that causes the stretch, some materials are jus prone to it more than others. Pick the style string you like n get a couple strings made in the good material thats not goin to give much

Thanx,
I can say with or without a special sight, Vixenmaster twists a great string,,, and for a very good price! I wouldn't use an endless loop string, the flemish twist string are much more pleasant to shoot, from any of the makers I have tried.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Stretch (elasticity) is definitely the caused by the material. But the bulk of the initial string creep (permanent elongation) is caused by the wax that the manufacturers blend into the strands.
A well made endless loop string will creep less than an equally made Flemish string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gwhuntr

Post by gwhuntr »

I've talked to Danny recently & he said to stay with the standard string over the Flemish.
Just want to get the best longevity & performance.
Really like my Ibex, killed a doe & 9 pt with it this season.
GregO
>>>------->

Ibex
125 gr Magnus Stingers
Lumenoks
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

gwhuntr wrote:

Thanx,
2 email contacts
[email protected]
[email protected]
If'en you be a ph. person 417-256-0748 thank you
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

Boo wrote:Stretch (elasticity) is definitely the caused by the material. But the bulk of the initial string creep (permanent elongation) is caused by the wax that the manufacturers blend into the strands.
A well made endless loop string will creep less than an equally made Flemish string.
I agree 100%, to this day the best material I have used has been BCY X. It takes about 40 or so shots to settle and I haven't had to adjust all season.
Have crossbows will travel
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Pintail wrote:
Boo wrote:Stretch (elasticity) is definitely the caused by the material. But the bulk of the initial string creep (permanent elongation) is caused by the wax that the manufacturers blend into the strands.
I agree 100%, to this day the best material I have used has been BCY X. It takes about 40 or so shots to settle and I haven't had to adjust all season.
BCY X would be a good material for an Ibex, but I'm not a fan of blended materials on the Micro or Matrix lines. Vectran has very little or no elasticity and this can be hard on the bow. BCY-X is 17% Vectran.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin »

I've purchased multiple Flemish strings from Keith Will (forum name nchunterkw).
I especially like how the tag ends of the Flemish strings fray after firing to create additional sound/vibration suppression and increase velocity.
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

nchunterkw wrote:
Pintail wrote:
BCY X would be a good material for an Ibex, but I'm not a fan of blended materials on the Micro or Matrix lines. Vectran has very little or no elasticity and this can be hard on the bow. BCY-X is 17% Vectran.
BCY-X is fine on Micro/Matrix, I've built and sold several hundred and fired it personally for awhile with no bad results or reports . These are Real world Results.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

To each his own....but with 2 widely different elasticities seems to me that 17% of that string will take on most of the stress. Lots of good 100% Dyneema options out there. Just one man's Real World opinion.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

nchunterkw wrote:To each his own....but with 2 widely different elasticities seems to me that 17% of that string will take on most of the stress. Lots of good 100% Dyneema options out there. Just one man's Real World opinion.
You use what you want and I'll use what I want ! Maybe you should actually try it before you give your opinion on it .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

Keith your real world opinion works real well on my "THOR" :D after 30 approx. shots it has not moved ! and the serving still looks great and I picked up 2+ FPS over stock string
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !