reticles in the rain

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

reticles in the rain

Post by Troubleshooter »

I use my Tactzone scope and when i'm shooting with a little bit of rain - my reticles doesn't light up anymore. Or just one colour badly. Back to home the red was coming back and the day after the green was also back. This happened more than once.

Can i do something about this? It seems to be that water or condens is coming inn...
gerald strine

Re: reticles in the rain

Post by gerald strine »

Try changing the battery I do not think it is rain related,I thought something was wrong with my twilight scope but a battery change was all it needed .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

gerald strine wrote:Try changing the battery I do not think it is rain related,I thought something was wrong with my twilight scope but a battery change was all it needed .
Thanks for your idea about it but it's not the case. I have changed the battery 2 times (to be sure) for new ones, but it still does happening.

Thanks.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I use a product called "nyogel", a clear gel that I bought originally for the bezel and end caps of high end flashlights. It makes the movement smooth as silk, retains conductivity, and adds to the weatherproof aspect. I use it on my scope caps now too, makes a world of a difference.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

You can also use a product called dielectric grease.
Can be found most any hardware store.
Clear and has same properties as nyogel.
Great for all automotive and electrical applications.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

My TactZone does the same thing all the time..rain or shine?? It seems to affect the green side more than the red.

Yes I have changed my battery many times....

I thought/think something is wrong with my rheostat control...I am going to try some of the products you guys spoke of and see if i can get better contact with my dial.

What I do like about these scopes is that even if the battery is completely dead (or even lost), I can still see my crosshairs just fine.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Ont_Excal wrote:You can also use a product called dielectric grease.
Can be found most any hardware store.
Clear and has same properties as nyogel.
Great for all automotive and electrical applications.
Careful. It is "almost the same". Nyogel has ensured me they will look after me if something goes wrong, some of my flashlights are worth more than my car. It may look the same, act the same, but it is about who is there when and if something goes wrong. I have many, many tubes of dielectric grease, but NONE of it will ever touch any of my torches, none. I have had the same tiny tube for 15 years, couldn't even tell it was used, I know I could get similar, but not the same.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

http://www.nyelubricants.com/nyogel#

Different versions for all applications.
Ten year warranty...........good stuff.
I'm satisfied with what I use.

I may get some just for scopes.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Moisture is getting in,,I would dare to say your scope will be all fogged up during a bad rain