finger guards

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cadmaster

Re: finger guards

Post by cadmaster »

Well after a few sessions at the range and 2 seasons using the thumb protectors I can say emphatically that they work really well and are still installed on my CB the double sided tape really holds well. As for the Clearance questions as I said no functional impediment to the bow, but the cocker lugs do slightly touch the angles and you can see slight wear on the spray paint that I repainted the angles with.

I may make a few sets with my remaining materials for next years Boofest or some such thing as my contribution to safety of our members.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Fish fillet glove
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

Ferguson Outfitters since I already have the guards how are your fillet gloves useful?

in fact what does your comment have to do with what I have made? other than trolling the forum.

and in point of fact your gloves cost about $16 per pair and my angle guards materials cost $8 CAD for the aluminum angle and that can make about 8 pair of finger guards. So my cost is about $1 per pair.

EDIT: also my cheap fix PREVENTS my fingers from ever getting into the string path while the glove MIGHT lessen the injury but it will still happen and you will be injured. might as well use a all leather work glove as it will do the same thing as the fillet glove and probably better. Fillet gloves prevent cuts and punctures from sharp and pointed objects they are not designed to prevent the type of injury caused from a compound bow string. They might not even do anything to lessen the injury and at best you can call that glove a sop to injury prevention and no real solution.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Hmmmm I'm thinking it was a joke.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

That is actually a pretty cool idea!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

So simple and very effective as well....well done sir! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

farm3rbrian wrote:Great idea. As a Medical First Responder I witnessed many amputations and severe trauma to digits(fingers) and extremities. Saving just one is worth it's weight in gold. Nice job

Sadly 1 of our members at camp had his Thumb taken off on 380 and parts flew into Kettle creek stream ..GASTLY it turned my stomach.. :shock: