Triggertech

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigrak

Re: Triggertech

Post by bigrak »

[quote="bellerivercrossbowhunter"The trigger in the Matrix 350 LE i just bought is the smoothest Excalibur trigger I have seen. I was planning to install a TT when I got the bow but am well satisfied with the factory trigger. No creep at all and breaks like glass.[/quote]
I've had 3 tt sold them all, seen no difference in my poi with stock or tt

I can honestly say now, there certainly wasn't any need for replacing my stock trigger unit's with trigger tech's. It wasn't a creep issue I was having. It was claws eating servings. So I ordered 2. While waiting I decided to take apart my stock triggers and see what I could do, since I've done all kinds of rifle triggers in the past. Glad I did. Very simple. I used my rotary polishing tools to do the claws and sear latches. Put them back in my micro 335 and matrix 355 and really liked the new feel. But was feeling excited to get and install the trigger tech's. Long story short. Wasn't impressed. One was actually tearing up my servings. I called TT, he said mail it back and they would polish it up better or replace it. I thought this is just stupid. I paid for custom triggers and just my luck, get one that wasn't shown attention to detail. That's why I like to personally do things to make them better if I can. So I took that trigger Tec apart and did the same polish job. No more serving problems with it or my stock Excalibur trigger unit's. And my stock triggers break like glass. No noticeable difference between them or the single stage TTs. I'm not saying just anyone should take theirs totally apart and polish. Especially the sears. A little polishing goes a long ways. Plus if your concerned with warranty repairs, there's a seal stating voiding it. And Excalibur did offer to see what was going on with that one trigger. For me, the trigger tech's were a waste of money. But would have WOW factor for someone who was coming from having a bad feeling trigger. ( That could be fixed) Just my experience.[/quote]

That is interesting. I sent an inquiry as well about my TT eating my Micro servings. They sent me a list of possible causes but my bow has none of the possible issues. I switched strings so we will see what happens...[
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:he trigger in the Matrix 350 LE i just bought is the smhttp://turnto10.com/news/local/taunton-mall-assailant-suffered-from-depressionoothest Excalibur trigger I have seen. I was planning to install a TT when I got the bow but am well satisfied with the factory trigger. No creep at all and breaks like glass.
I've had 3 tt sold them all, seen no difference in my poi with stock or tt

I can honestly say now, there certainly wasn't any need for replacing my stock trigger unit's with trigger tech's. It wasn't a creep issue I was having. It was claws eating servings. So I ordered 2. While waiting I decided to take apart my stock triggers and see what I could do, since I've done all kinds of rifle triggers in the past. Glad I did. Very simple. I used my rotary polishing tools to do the claws and sear latches. Put them back in my micro 335 and matrix 355 and really liked the new feel. But was feeling excited to get and install the trigger tech's. Long story short. Wasn't impressed. One was actually tearing up my servings. I called TT, he said mail it back and they would polish it up better or replace it. I thought this is just stupid. I paid for custom triggers and just my luck, get one that wasn't shown attention to detail. That's why I like to personally do things to make them better if I can. So I took that trigger Tec apart and did the same polish job. No more serving problems with it or my stock Excalibur trigger unit's. And my stock triggers break like glass. No noticeable difference between them or the single stage TTs. I'm not saying just anyone should take theirs totally apart and polish. Especially the sears. A little polishing goes a long ways. Plus if your concerned with warranty repairs, there's a seal stating voiding it. And Excalibur did offer to see what was going on with that one trigger. For me, the trigger tech's were a waste of money. But would have WOW factor for someone who was coming from having a bad feeling trigger. ( That could be fixed) Just my experience.[/quote]

That is interesting. I sent an inquiry as well about my TT eating my Micro servings. They sent me a list of possible causes but my bow has none of the possible issues. I switched strings so we will see what happens...[/quote]

bellerivercrossbowhunter,
How did you make out this problem? Thanks
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

TT will fit BD however there is still creep. Frank told me if the demand was there they would make a BD model that would work with linkage better than existing trigger. So, contact him and say you want one! The more requests maybe we get it done.
typical10

Post by typical10 »

deerman41 wrote:someone posted that TT won't fit 400 Bullpup

That's funny, it fit on my dog! jeff~
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm on my third TT, no issues ever, and sweet break! I admit that single stage is much better on my Matrix 330 than any of the two stage I shot. JMHO! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
elknut

Post by elknut »

I have 2 TT and a couple Excal triggers, all of them eat servings. Just my luck. Is there a video on how to polish the latches?
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
hard2draw

Post by hard2draw »

elknut wrote:I have 2 TT and a couple Excal triggers, all of them eat servings. Just my luck. Is there a video on how to polish the latches?
Scroll down

http://boocustomstrings.com/importantstuff.html
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've spent so much money shipping triggers and bows to tt I could've bought another trigger. I've had numerous problems of various sorts. Worn out parts, gritty feeling, take up on two stage gone (those three were always related), and the most common; CLAWS CHEWING THROUGH MY SERVING! I was told it was probably the way the string was served (I guess Boo needs more practice to do it correctly! LMAO). I was also told I may not have the trigger unit mounted correctly so I wasted more money shipping the entire stock and mainframe to tt.. It was installed correctly. I was told this was an isolated case that they've never heard of before. They were completely shocked. Well, this certainly doesn't seem so isolated to me. I've gone through a few tt triggers and love them (when they're working properly) but I've had to spend a lot of time and effort to polish every set of jaws on every trigger.
Now, to be fair, Frank was polite, professional and accommodating on the phone and I've spoken to him a number of times. He sent me some swag to offset all my additional shipping costs and that was appreciated. Personally, I would rather be told, "Sorry about that. Send it in and we'll fix you up." vs. "That's so strange, never saw that before. You must've installed incorrectly or something is wrong with your Boo String." If you're aware of issues, corrections should be made. These triggers are amazing and nothing is like my 1.5lbs target triggers in my heavy hitters. It is my opinion though, that if you're spending all that money on a custom trigger it should be without defect....with out defect includes jaws not fraying serving

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.