Is This Really Archery Hunting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Is This Really Archery Hunting?

Post by newbie »

Its all nonsense Keith.
If guys want to gun hunt with an arrow by all means go ahead.
Again to call this archery is nonsense. It is not archery. No limbs no string. End of story.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I finally watched the bison video. He did not even get a passthrough. I got a passthrough on my bison with my measly little Micro. Can't blame the bow though. If it really does throw a 400gr arrow at 450 fps, then he just picked the wrong arrow and BH. I did see he had an expandable on the tip. Not my first choice for an animal like a bison
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

According to Crosman the arrow is 375gr and made by Victory.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/ata-show- ... er-airbow/

( I think it's funny Crosman markets it as "bow" and shys away from the term gun, however the guy in the video calls it a "airgun" and he has it correct.
The "cocking" lever is also a marketing ploy to liken it to a crosbow rather than the regular cocking bolt etc they use on their PCP guns.
All things aside, take note of how that "barrel" wobbles without any weight on it..26" of unsupported tube is pretty long to have 100 grns or more at the end.

For all you guy's with the fantasy of using one of Crosman's arrow guns during Archery season....

The doors this weapon's opens with it's appearance are limitless. It uses expanding gas to fill the volume of it's nock less arrows and taht in itself makes it a firearm. The first person who "lobbies" for their use during Archery Only season's will have me right behind them with a large caliber airgun seeking equality.
If these are approved for an archery season, I'll immediately begin charging mine with bottled Argon/Nitrogen up to 4500psi as well as tuning the valve to maximize it's power. In addition to this, the very next thing I would do is cut that 26"barrel/arrow down about 10" to increase speed as well as accuracy. Just guessing but if it shoves a 375gr@450fps, I'm pretty sure my 2 mentioned improvements will have it over 500fps in less than 2 days..

The next week I'll begin working on a prototype of my single shot "arrow gun" that uses nail gun or starter pistol blanks as it's source of compressed gas.
Obviously this will be easy to do by using a similar hollow internal barrel with a chamber at it's breech and trigger assembly behind that just like a break open rifle....only a LOT lighter. Or a bolt action model..who knows, as said the sky's the limit IF you change the definition of ARCHERY, BOW and FIREARM.
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
Bones

Post by Bones »

The next week I'll begin working on a prototype of my single shot "arrow gun" that uses nail gun or starter pistol blanks as it's source of compressed gas.
Obviously this will be easy to do by using a similar hollow internal barrel with a chamber at it's breech and trigger assembly behind that just like a break open rifle....only a LOT lighter. Or a bolt action model..who knows, as said the sky's the limit IF you change the definition of ARCHERY, BOW and FIREARM.[/quote]

Google 10-22 ( ruger ) archery or arrow conversion , already exist's ,somebody beat ya ! uses .22 blank's
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Awesome!
So there you have it folks...Why buy the $1k Crosman that you need a pump/tanks/compressor for, when you can already buy a 10/22 arrow gun for half the price & weight at the same speed without a need for a pump etc? Looks like they are standard Easton Aluminum arrows to so you shopuld be able to shoot other lighter ones as well. You also gain the ability to customize it beyond belief and switch back and forth between .22lr and arrows?

I wonder why I've never heard of anyone fantasizing about it's use during Archery season as it uses an arrow too: LOL
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

By golly, I want one of those arrow flingers, but not using compressed air. I don't want one of those gizmos that push the arrow with a 22 either.

I want the 50 BMG version to push my arrow. Might as well be getting 3500 fps instead of a measly 500 fps.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hi5 wrote:By golly, I want one of those arrow flingers, but not using compressed air. I don't want one of those gizmos that push the arrow with a 22 either.

I want the 50 BMG version to push my arrow. Might as well be getting 3500 fps instead of a measly 500 fps.

.....from what I hear that is coming out in 2017! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Maybe we'll be allowed to use it in Archery season:LOL
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

tomcat wrote:Maybe we'll be allowed to use it in Archery season:LOL
....I'm betting on it :wink: :mrgreen:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I think to keep things fair they should alternate and divide the archery season between archery, and the airguns and the arrowgun. The arrowgun would be included in the airgun season.....say the first two weeks of each month being archery and the last two weeks being air powered weapons. They're all close range weapons after all. I'd be good with that. :mrgreen:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

No need to buy a scuba tank for air....Just us 22lr blanks!!!!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

OK...I did get a chance to hold the Airbow at the PA show in Harrisburg! (in the gun section may I add!)...I found it to be fairly heavy (more like a gun than a bow!)...It is interesting to say the least...I do NOT like the fact that you need to use their proprietary arrows which slide over a metallic type of rod.

....I admit, it is really like a gun..in fact the people at the booth even said it would most likely not make it's way into the archery season, except for disabled archers...there was a lot of interest at the booth however!

....we later went over into the archery section and got a chance to shoot the airbow....it is IS EXTREMELY LOUD and may I add very fast....did I say it is LOUD?....everyone that was there noticed the sound....will it make it into the archery season someday...who knows....will I get one...who knows...will it replace the compound or crossbow...I am not sure it will happen...it is just too loud and gives more of an impression of a gun going off than even a crossbow....

....who knows, anything is possible...sorry, I did not get a chance to video it...it was just too tight at the shooting area!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

Didnt believe me when i said it was loud? And i dont sit by a noisy calculator all day :lol:
We actually heard a dry fire..... Niw that was loud.
So still want to put bada bing up on that bet Anthony? :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:Didnt believe me when i said it was loud? And i dont sit by a noisy calculator all day :lol:
We actually heard a dry fire..... Niw that was loud.
So still want to put bada bing up on that bet Anthony? :wink:
....I still would like to see some videos of it shooting at a deer at lets say 40 yards....would be interesting to see whether it would have time to jump a string....my bet would be absolutely not...the deer would have less than 1/3 of a second to react...just don't think it would have the time....

....BadaBing might still be moving along with his twin....I have to admit I did fall in love with the 355 and the 400...very well balanced and not difficult to shoulder at all!...my only issue with both is there is no Nightmare version...very untactical and of course the terrible scope...but I guess they could be sold...

....yea I like both of those babies but honestly will not make a move unless two bows are sold...then the question is whether its the 355 or the 400....probably will be the 355 I would still hold onto the 380 and the IBEX...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

Jump the string? Doesnt it have to have a string? :?
And yes sir exactly as Don Gaston and Ipredicted :lol:
Anthony needs new bows
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads