New member here

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stocksoccer

Re: New member here

Post by Stocksoccer »

I get all my info on this forum. The guys on here are great. They have a lot of good information. Getting ready to buy a couple new strings. Vixen makes the strings he's had good reviews.
Melmark

Post by Melmark »

Ok...took my time assembling the bow but still had it all put together in 1/2 hour. I cocked and uncocked it a few times and everything went very smoothly. I need to pick up a target to sight it in now. I measured my brace height and it was 1 1/2". From what I read I guess I should leave it cocked overnight and recheck it tomorrow to see if the string stretched any???
Melmark

Post by Melmark »

Just ordered a bunch of stuff from Danny.....anybody using his string stop system? I was looking at REDS but ended up with his.

PS..very good guy. I am sure he could tell that I was an extreme novice and he did not try to sell me a whole pile of stuff. In fact he advised against a couple things , right now anyway.

Mark
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Melmark wrote:Hello, just ordered my first crossbow. Matrix Grizzly, I have never owned a crossbow before but have hunted whitetail with a compound bow in the past. I live in Pennsylvania USA. I ordered the Grizzly kit from an Ebay seller store, pine-mountain-archery. I think that I got a good price. Cant wait to get started,,,any tips or advice on getting started would be appreciated but also just looking forward to browsing the forums as well.

Cheers

Mark
Welcome Mark !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Melmark

Post by Melmark »

Well, I made up a target out of laminated foam sheets and cardboard just so I could get out and shoot for the first time. Its a beautiful day here in Northeastern Pa. today.

I started out at 15 feet just in case it was way off , I didn't want to miss the target all together (target size about 22" square. I shot 2 times...about 1 inch above bullseye and windage was perfect.

Moved back to 10 yards, shot 4 times (one arrow at a time). Very nice group still just a tiny bit high. (Starting to feel confident now!)

Moved to 20 yards, 4 more shots (from a rest) had a nice 1 inch group right in the bullseye.

Back to 30 yards ( which I am thinking is about the max for me). Held on the 30 yard line in the scope and hit about 2" high. Then shot 3 more times holding on the second line in the scope....right on the money.

Moved to 40 yards which seemed like a long way, held on the 3rd line in the scope and was about 1 inch low. I am amazed at how well this thing shoots out of the box. Having a blast, thanks for all the help so far!
Mark
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Stocksoccer wrote:I get all my info on this forum. The guys on here are great. They have a lot of good information. Getting ready to buy a couple new strings. Vixen makes the strings he's had good reviews.

I have strings from vixenmaster also and others like BOO make a very good string also.Just thinking WHAT DO I KNOW?
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Glad your enjoying your new bow. :D
Hank