Worst than a woman

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M77 ruger

Worst than a woman

Post by M77 ruger »

Worse than a woman trying to make up her mind. I thought my search had ended with the matrix 355. Well I made the drive to a archery shop that is a excalibur dealer to finally get a chance to shoot one. When I arrived they had sold the last 355 matrix shortly before I got there (go figure). Anyway so that made shooting the 355 a no go. Talked with the dealer and he said he had a micro 335 set up that I could shoot. I told him that I was a little worried about limb failure and reliability problems with the 335. He told me has sold a bunch and has only had 2 comeback with warranty issues. He promised me that it would not disappoint and it would be just as reliable as the 355 matrix. So I said I drove all this way I might as well shoot it. Cocking wasn't a issue and it looks and feels great. I made my first shot at 30 yards and bullseye. Never shooting one thought I got lucky. Shot again and a actually shot the arrow I just shoot. I was sold lol. I shot a few more groups at 40 yards and you would think I was a seasoned archer shooting 2" groups or better. So now I am wondering if I should skip on the matrix 355. I wish it wouldn't have sold to compare and it was the only matrix that they had left. They said they would get more in in a month or so. So now I don't know what to do. Is there a lot of known problems with the micro 335 line? Those who have them how are they holding up and would u buy again knowing what u know now? Would this be a good deer hunting bow as this is the main goal. Sorry fellas lol having a hard time choosing now.
vixenmaster

Re: Worst than a woman

Post by vixenmaster »

Some have had some limb problems, they do happen. I have the Nitemare n over 750 i knowed fer a fact. No problems on any limb breakage or the mag tips slippin. I killed 4 deer wid it this season. I really love mine :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Limbs for 335 and 355 come out of same box. So what worries you is mute any how's as limb issues of past were discovered and rectified. If whitetail is you biggest game the 335 is lots.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Nice dilemma to be in. I think you should wait to shoot the Matrix crossbow. Then shoot the Micro again, you will know which one you want then. Maybe he will also get in a new Micro 355 for you to try out.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

Go with your gut feeling, seems like that would be the Matrix 355, which in my opinion is the best crossbow on the market now.

Post by newbie »

Ive had 1000 plus ish shots on my micro no problems. The limb issues are of the past. Buy with confidence the one you want.
Yup i would recommend a micro to anyone its a sweet platform.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Here's my .02 cents. I owned a Matrix 355 until I was able to handle and test fire a Micro 335. After which I promptly traded the Matrix 355 towards the Micro.

Don't get me wrong, the Matrix bows are nice but I wouldn't go back after my Micro and that's even after I had one set of limbs go on it.

There compact, well balanced and are great for in a ground blind or on the ground with a ghillie suit and bipod. Not to mention they shoot lasers.

The only thing I can't say about them is their ability to take a deer down, i passed up a shot on a button buck and after that didn't see another deer thanks to all the screwed up weather
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

If you like a micro, you'll love the 380. It's full camo, same draw weight about and shoots like a cannon. Don't buy what's in stock, try them all and buy what you like.
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone
Equalizer

Post by Equalizer »

Shoot them all ,if you have a Cabela's close by ,try the Cabela's Equalizer , I test fired 4 Excaliburs and walked out with a Equalizer from Cabelas "made from Excalibur" great bow with the lifetime warranty from Excalibur its slower then the 380 and faster then the 355 ,and the accuracy of an Excalibur, and it was a good price .you cant go wrong with any Excalibur .
Good luck on your shopping ,keep us posted
cedo1974

Post by cedo1974 »

I had a slivered limb with my micro at about 1500 shots or so...it may or may not have been my fault as I was playing with the brace height at the time. If it wasn't under warranty, I would have probably sanded it out and kept shooting. As it was under warranty, I had a brand new pair of limbs back on my bow in 6 business days during Christmas holidays...no questions asked. Needless to say, my brace height is properly adjusted and I shoot with confidence.

You can't go wrong with an Excalibur, in my opinion....just my two cents from a penniless country. :-P
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Just buy the Micro 335 and start saving for the Matrix 355. You can't have just one. :D
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I bought my micro.....then another micro....then a matrix 330 then a 355. Then went n got a vixen ...just pick one there all good its only a starting point. Who out there has one fishing pole lol. You cant go wrong there all great bows. Only had one problem with one of em ever the string broke on my 330 .its not like your buyin a chrysler product its n excaliber with a lifetime warrenty. Lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
M77 ruger

Post by M77 ruger »

longbow joe wrote:I bought my micro.....then another micro....then a matrix 330 then a 355. Then went n got a vixen ...just pick one there all good its only a starting point. Who out there has one fishing pole lol. You cant go wrong there all great bows. Only had one problem with one of em ever the string broke on my 330 .its not like your buyin a chrysler product its n excaliber with a lifetime warrenty. Lbj
Is everything on the micro covered under a lifetime warranty? Or is there some fine print?
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

All Excalibur crossbows and parts are covered by their lifetime warranty....my suggestion is to be patient and shoot the different bows side by side to see what feels best for you. You're dropping a good chunk of change so it seems patience would be most prudent.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

paulaboutform wrote:All Excalibur crossbows and parts are covered by their lifetime warranty....my suggestion is to be patient and shoot the different bows side by side to see what feels best for you. You're dropping a good chunk of change so it seems patience would be most prudent.

Paul
Paul, great advise!!

And I have to say...as far as I know, the Micro is just a wee 3" narrower than the M380 cocked..this is only 1.5" from center!. So for my money if I am going to pull 250lbs+..then it might as well be giving me 380fps!!! Plus it only weighs 0.7lbs more and you get full camo.

My first effort with my new Lynx M380 at 100 yards, (in near darkness) yielded this group..and all I was aiming at was the paper plate....NOT even trying to shoot a group, just hit the plate. :mrgreen: