O\T Venison and fish

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: O\T Venison and fish

Post by newbie »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
mr meat wrote:Wabi hit the nail on the head!! Loosing weight and exercise will help! The last thing you want to do is take the pills! Personaly i think if you got the Micro 355 that would bring it down in a hurry! :D
LOL

Just another reason to buy a Micro 355. :)
See you already have yourself talked into one.... I expect to see it at Dons or the walk home will be great exercise :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

So if I'm reading this right...a one egg omelet without cheese and a glass of wine for breakfast and you'll be good to go!! Nice. :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

j.krug wrote:So if I'm reading this right...a one egg omelet without cheese and a glass of wine for breakfast and you'll be good to go!! Nice. :lol:
You forgot about the new 355 for your workout!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
wabi

Post by wabi »

j.krug wrote:So if I'm reading this right...a one egg omelet without cheese and a glass of wine for breakfast and you'll be good to go!! Nice. :lol:
Yes, but you have to let the wine turn to vinegar! :shock:
mfh

Post by mfh »

There actually has been a lot of studies that show the cholestorol in the foods you eat don't necessarily translate to increasing the cholestorol in your system, especially when looking at super foods like eggs.

I had high cholestorol for years, but when I dropped 15lbs, and cleaned up the diet with respect to fried foods, increasing my diet with protein such as eggs and venison, my cholesterol levels dropped.

I eat four eggs a day, and at least one meal with lean red meat and my levels remain low. Chicken and fish are also awesome foods...concentrate on high protein foods which will fill you up. Fat laden foods are high in calories, but they actually don't satisfy your hunger pains like protein will do.

What cut the cholestrorol in my blood was exercise and loosing weight. And the best way to loose weight is to watch your choloric intake - there are many sites online that can help you figure out what you should take in per day...figure out what your maintenance level is, and then decrement a couple hundred per day...you will loose weight, and you don't have to starve or just eat slides and rice cakes! Its just balancing your meals and cutting out the things that pack on calories. You can eat crap foods all day long so long as your calories are lower then what you expend. Problem is, those crap foods don't satisfy you, and they are high in calories - its a double whammy. I eat bacon every weekend, but at 90 calories a slice...I only eat a couple. I have a couple pints of home brew each evening as well, but they are factored into what I take in for calories each day. If you exercise, that give you more wiggle room. The more muscle you build, the more calories your body needs to maintain weight. What that means is the more fit you are, the more calories you ca eat without gaining weight.

Don't skip the eggs at breakfast, but ditch the cheese. Cheese in moderation is ok, but like peanut butter or nuts, a small bit has a lot of calories...1/4 cup of nuts is 180 calories. Nuts have fiber and good fats...but they are loaded with calories. There is a fitness app, myfitnesspal that will help you track your intake. Take a couple weeks entering in, honestly, everything you take in. Most people don't realize that the little bit here, a handful there, adds up really fast. Once you realize it, it becomes earlier to control those temptations...and once the weight comes off, its easy to maintain. The first two weeks suck...but after clearing that hurdle, its really pretty simple and easy.

Just something to consider.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

That is some solid info.

I have made the change to healthy eating and hit the gym 5 days per week. I am on my way back to a healthy me. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

My wife is an oncological surgeon I gained 60lbs after retiring from the army when the family practice doc said he was gonna put me on blood pressure meds, and high cholesterol meds my wife marched me down to the footlocker :( Like the late great Bruce Lee said (running is the mother of all exercises) but boy does it SUCK!
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Boo

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:That is some solid info.

I have made the change to healthy eating and hit the gym 5 days per week. I am on my way back to a healthy me. :)
Jeff, here you thought you were a chick magnet already! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes