O\T Venison and fish

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

O\T Venison and fish

Post by Carnivorous »

I was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol & have been researching what foods I have been eating that could be causing this condition.

It turns out that 2 egg with cheese omelet that I have been eating daily is equal to over 400mg of cholesterol. My ideal daily intake should be no more than 300mg & to reduce my levels I need to be closer to 200mg for the next 3 months.

I have educated myself on what foods to consume to get down to normal levels. More whole foods and less eggs, cheese & processed foods. Wine is OK too...

I eat a fair bit of venison, perch & walleye and the good news is it is low in cholesterol & may actually promote good cholesterol & lower the bad.

Just another reason to keep hunting & fishing for my own healthy lifestyle sustenance...

Cheers
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Re: O\T Venison and fish

Post by Boo »

Soluble fibers help a lot Jeff. Eat the eggs, but cut out the yolks and cut down on the cheese.
According to my doctor, some of us have a propensity to gain plaque in our veins/arteries. Living like kings adds to that but once the plaque is there, it ain't leaving. :cry:
If you aren't at a point of having to take something like Crestor, thank your lucky stars! And welcome to the last half of our lives. :shock: It ain't pretty, but it's all we got!
How's your glycemic index old man? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Try salads w/salmond nuggets mixed in, and a big venisen burger, along with a tall glass of wine. yummy, yummy,

Chef Dave :D
ENJOY !!!!!!
Last edited by papabear1 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:Soluble fibers help a lot Jeff. Eat the eggs, but cut out the yolks and cut down on the cheese.
According to my doctor, some of us have a propensity to gain plaque in our veins/arteries. Living like kings adds to that but once the plaque is there, it ain't leaving. :cry:
If you aren't at a point of having to take something like Crestor, thank your lucky stars! And welcome to the last half of our lives. :shock: It ain't pretty, but it's all we got!
How's your glycemic index old man? :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL

Glycerin index is normal.... BTW I need to lose about 15lbs. Not a problem.... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Its the BEER!!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

mr meat wrote:Its the BEER!!!
I don't see any beer :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Ditch the eggs or switch to whites only. Steel cut oats, raisins, dried cranberries and cinnamon for breakfast will fill you up and good for you. Couple of poached eggs once a week won't hurt much.
wabi

Post by wabi »

A dietitian told me eating cholesterol does not raise your cholesterol. Your body converts fat to cholesterol, so go to a low-fat diet to reduce cholesterol. Worked for me!
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

I take pure fish oil daily by capsule dropped my C like a rock in 6 months. I also drink a glass of red wine or 2 :lol: everyday.
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
Normous

Post by Normous »

wabi wrote:A dietitian told me eating cholesterol does not raise your cholesterol. Your body converts fat to cholesterol, so go to a low-fat diet to reduce cholesterol. Worked for me!
I agree with Mikes Doctor since my Doc said the same and he was voted one of best top 10 family Doctors in Canada in one Medical article. Your slightly elevated cholesterol is likely inherited. Lowering your fat intake should help some and taking a fish oil cap daily as mentioned is a good idea too.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have the same thing and coincidentally I have recently gained a few pounds and have been eating a higher fat diet. The venison will help with your HDL so keep that up and lose the weight., That will have the biggest effect. Instead of fish oil, I eat sardines several times a week. Very high in Omega 3 and Omega 6 which helps. I'd suggest the skinless/boneless ones packed in water (not olive oil). Walnuts help too - but have a lot of calories so go easy. Lots of fruits and vegetables. I'm pretty much going Paleo
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

One spoon of apple cider vinegar diluted in a full glass of water first thing in the morning does help too.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Wabi hit the nail on the head!! Loosing weight and exercise will help! The last thing you want to do is take the pills! Personaly i think if you got the Micro 355 that would bring it down in a hurry! :D
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Normous

Post by Normous »

Too funny Wes!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

mr meat wrote:Wabi hit the nail on the head!! Loosing weight and exercise will help! The last thing you want to do is take the pills! Personaly i think if you got the Micro 355 that would bring it down in a hurry! :D
LOL

Just another reason to buy a Micro 355. :)