confusion over models

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MickB

confusion over models

Post by MickB »

guys is there a topic or link discussing the new bows in comparison to each other?

For example I am trying to work out the following-

.Is the 400 the same limbs as the rest of the matrix line?

2.Do the 315, 335 and 355 micro have the same limbs? And if so how did they get the 355 to work when the 335 to be honest was having problems at its draw already?

3.What limbs does the sapphire use?

4. For those of us in other countries is the safe money still on good old exomags and matrix 355's for reliability?

Thanks for any help.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Re: confusion over models

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hi Mick,

Let me see if I can address some of your questions:

Yes, all of the Matrix limbs come out of the same mold.

2.Do the 315, 335 and 355 micro have the same limbs? And if so how did they get the 355 to work when the 335 to be honest was having problems at its draw already?

Yes, like the Matrix all Micro series crossbows use the same limb.

Matrix limbs.

4. For those of us in other countries is the safe money still on good old exomags and matrix 355's for reliability?

To be honest, the limb return rate is better on our newer models compared to the old long style models. But, we have produced way more Matrix and Micro crossbows so people get the impression the Matrix and Micro limbs have more limb issues but percentage wise they don't.

I hope this helps!

Peter
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

That's good info and makes me feel good about my cub ... Lowest draw on matrix limbs :D
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Hi Mick,

Let me see if I can address some of your questions:

Yes, all of the Matrix limbs come out of the same mold.

Yes, like the Matrix all Micro series crossbows use the same limb.

Matrix limbs.

To be honest, the limb return rate is better on our newer models compared to the old long style models. But, we have produced way more Matrix and Micro crossbows so people get the impression the Matrix and Micro limbs have more limb issues but percentage wise they don't.

I hope this helps!

Peter
About question number one...this text: It comes outfitted with 'Powerload limbs' - are just some nice words (to give trust), but means nothing - because the limbs are the same as they were?
MickB

Post by MickB »

Hmm good point..

Thanks for most of the rest of the information. As to failure rates of short vs old ones I am not completely convinced having listened to long term users of both. Also the 405 has not exactly enjoyed the same production life as the exomag.
M77 ruger

Post by M77 ruger »

MickB wrote:guys is there a topic or link discussing the new bows in comparison to each other?

For example I am trying to work out the following-

Thanks for any help.
I wondered the same thing about the micro having the same limbs. It would seem that the 355 would have even more problems than the 335 with the added stress. I have been told however since they have been doing the limbs in house the failure rate has all but gone away. I guess tell will tell
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Limbs have been made in house since the Wolverine . :)
When we make matrix limbs they are not made special for 400 or 310 . They are made , sanded , tipped then go to bins . We want 5000 limbs to have a certain pattern we simply grab the Matrix bins .
We have done it this way since the Exo series even . :shock:
Watch the video I posted this weekend . The limbs when they came out of the mold are the same as the Matrix/micro . Just a different mold .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
M77 ruger

Post by M77 ruger »

Doe Master wrote:Limbs have been made in house since the Wolverine . :)
When we make matrix limbs they are not made special for 400 or 310 . They are made , sanded , tipped then go to bins . We want 5000 limbs to have a certain pattern we simply grab the Matrix bins .
We have done it this way since the Exo series even . :shock:
Watch the video I posted this weekend . The limbs when they came out of the mold are the same as the Matrix/micro . Just a different mold .
Where's the video link
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

basically all limbs are the same in the matrix line an the micro line. What gives them their rated poundage is the length of the powerstroke, on the certain model bow. This is my understanding an I'm pretty sure that I may be correct as well..
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic