Ion Air Pro 2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nyexhunter

Ion Air Pro 2

Post by nyexhunter »

Finally got the action camera that I got for Christmas out yesterday to test it. Went for a hike with my wife in a large park in the suburbs of Rochester,NY - called Mendon Ponds.

The camera was purchased from BJs for $89 (retail a few years ago was $299). This camera came with a helmet mount, small flexible tripod, usb cable, and wifi pod to hook into my IPad. Camera is the size and shape of a small flashlight and weighs 4.5 ounces.

I had to purchase a micro SD card and tie wrapped the helmet mount to the top section of a faceshield that I removed the plastic shield from.

The camera worked beautifully, picture quality was very good (it saves files of what you record in super high def and regular HD). I viewed the files by both hooking the USB to our smart tv and by using the WIFI pod to connect to the IPad.

I should have read the directions and adjusted the auto turnoff setting via the WIFI hook up prior to the hike, as the camera auto shut off after 3 minutes, so I missed some nice footage of deer in the park because the camera turned off. I turned the auto shut off to off, so the next time out I will be set.

I should have known it was turning off as the camera makes a noticeable vibration when it is turned on as well as when it goes off. I now am familiar with how this works and will know next time. The on off for the video is super easy to activate.

I will be using this more to get used to it prior to hunting season in the fall, however, I think that it will definitely be fun to use and am looking foward to making videos for YouTube.
nyexhunter

Re: Ion Air Pro 2

Post by nyexhunter »

MSA Safety WorksModel # 10103487 Internet # 202984422 Clear Adjustable Face Shield

The above Home Depot face shield is similar to what I used. I took the face shield off and attached the camera mount using tie wraps to the top band that goes across the outside head band. It is super light weight and can be adjusted to fit your head.