Lighted nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ThunderXB

Lighted nocks

Post by ThunderXB »

Is there any consensus regarding the lighted nocks for Xbows??

I have used Nocturnals and Lumenocks with my vertical bow and had better luck with the Nocturnals.

Been looking at the Nufletch Ignitors for the Xbow though.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Normous

Re: Lighted nocks

Post by Normous »

You will find all crossbow lighted nocks being used by the members of this forum. There is no real favorite or best the way I see it. Use the one that you like at the weight you prefer and the functionality that you like.
Battery life is another aspect to consider if it is important to you.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

Normous wrote:You will find all crossbow lighted nocks being used by the members of this forum. There is no real favorite or best the way I see it. Use the one that you like at the weight you prefer and the functionality that you like.
Battery life is another aspect to consider if it is important to you.
X2
there is many type, just keep the one you like shooting with
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I just used my first lighted nock in 52 years hunting ..Real nice.I am using LUMENOCK in red..When I looked at the nufletch I think you have to turn them on yourself if I saw it right?use bobber light inside.....You have to use alum insert also..I was given a LUMENOCK free from BORKHOLDER ARCHERY for being one of their customers and buying a lot of arrows custom made there for friends..That was nice of brian to do that and I will buy from him again....I told him what is lighted nock..lol..
deertrx

Post by deertrx »

Check the video on Excals facebook page of deer n bear kills most of the shots are with Lumenoks it appears. They are great on PM hunts. Good luck! :)
Brian
Matrix 380 Xtra " Sweets "
Leupold Crossbones
TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
Boo Strings Danny Millers Bumpers
18" BE Zombies, Slick Trick 150 xbow BH's
" She's a beaut Clark! "
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....glad to see you have had such luck with the Lumenoks...there really is not much not to like...as for the Ignitors from Nu-Fletch...you DO NOT have to turn them on. They light up by impact of the string hitting the nock...you do have to deal with an insert which either has to be glued in or I snug them in using a plastic bag...

....the reason why I have preferred the Ignitors over the Lumenoks is the cost...dang, the Lumenoks are never on sale and the Ignitors are always on sale...I personally have not seen any difference in the way they work...although some have claimed otherwise...a matter of preference I would assume...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

amythntr wrote:....glad to see you have had such luck with the Lumenoks...there really is not much not to like...as for the Ignitors from Nu-Fletch...you DO NOT have to turn them on. They light up by impact of the string hitting the nock...you do have to deal with an insert which either has to be glued in or I snug them in using a plastic bag...

....the reason why I have preferred the Ignitors over the Lumenoks is the cost...dang, the Lumenoks are never on sale and the Ignitors are always on sale...I personally have not seen any difference in the way they work...although some have claimed otherwise...a matter of preference I would assume...

Anthony :)
How's the plastic bag working. I was thinking of using a plastic straw piece or something like that.

Just afraid it will pop out when it hits something.

Can save the weight of the insert then.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64