what custom string has less creep

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanGrizzlyohio

what custom string has less creep

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

as when I joined I stated I am new to the crossbow scene, as wel as being new to the Excalibur line. well my hunting season has ended, my grizzly suited me very well with harvesting 3 deer in the late season with it. so now I am for spring an summer months I would like to switch to try a Flemish string. now a few of the members here have spoken to me on it some, but let me be honest here I barely remember what I done yesterday. so any added info would be great. right now im shooting aprox arrow weight 375-380 that's the diablo arrow an 125 grain tip. im getting if I remember correctly aprox 290fps. I would like to stay in that speed area. losing a fps is ok but don't wanna lose a lot. do to how accurate an reliable my bow shoots at what it is at now.. so thanks in advance.
Last edited by BryanGrizzlyohio on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
Boo

Re: OLD SCHOOL TRYING SOMETHING NEW

Post by Boo »

If speed is a priority, stick with the stock string. Your bow is not a beast and the benefits of a Flemish string will not be as apparent as it would be in the faster bows.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BryanGrizzlyohio

Appreciate that boo but losing some speed is ok. I just want something that's gonna settle an not have near the stretch my stock string has.
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
Twilight dlx optic
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Congrats on your great season. Do you have an adf on your bow?
Hank
Boo

Post by Boo »

BryanGrizzlyohio wrote:Appreciate that boo but losing some speed is ok. I just want something that's gonna settle an not have near the stretch my stock string has.
Change the tittle of this thread to "What string has the least amount of creep" or "what string will give me the least number of adjustments". You'll get a lot of opinions, based on expectations. But remember the saying about opinions....
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BryanGrizzlyohio

Re: what custom string has less creep

Yes sir I understand the opinions part.
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
Twilight dlx optic
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

if looking to try stuff ive used custom strings with 452x material and 8190 with minimal stretch.
BryanGrizzlyohio

I'm not big on change. A firm believer in of its not broken dont fix it lol but I love my Excalibur but discouraged with the string stretch. Which isn't bad all strings stretch but I'm also a accuracy nut. An wanna eliminate all possibilities of poor accuracy over some stretch. Which honestly hasn't effected it any at all. Now if that made sense that's my issue. Basically I'm putting my more thought into this than I probably should lol
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
Twilight dlx optic
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

You can't go wrong with any of the string makers on this forum,,choose one of them to twist you up a 28 strand Flemish made out of Rhino or Force 10 and a 3inch center serving made out of Angel Majesty,,,that should get you what you are looking for

Mike :wink:
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

If you have the ADF installed on your crossbow and are looking for a string that will settle in quickly, be very accurate, and add a little speed... I would suggest a Force 10 string from Boo, or a Rhino string from 8ptbuk.
I prefer the 40 strand strings offered by Boo and 8ptbuk to tame shot shock during the summer months when I am just target shooting, but use the Force 10 and Rhino strings in the fall when I start hunting. I also enjoy the 28 strand strings that others offer here as well when target shooting.
Different materials have their own characteristics and you need to figure out what you like best. There are plenty of string makers on this site and they all make high quality flemish twist strings.
:)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: