Micro 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

Micro 355

Post by Sloppy Does »

I'm considering getting a micro 355 and wanted to know what anyone who has one or who has shot one thinks of it. I have a micro 335 and wanted to see if its worth the 20 ft per sec. Is it much harder to cock? Is it louder? Camo look good? etc.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
bobcat

Re: Micro 355

Post by bobcat »

wondering the same thing......
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

"if its worth the 20 ft per sec."

How would you measure the "worth"? Flatter trajectory? Less opportunity for a game animal to duck your arrow?

With the same weight of arrow, I'd be surprised if you would find a measurable difference in point of impact between the two bows at a range of say, 40 yards.

How much would it reduce the time an arrow takes from a 355 bow to reach the target than it would with a 335 bow? At 335 fps an arrow takes .03582 of a second (assuming constant speed) to travel 40 yards (120 feet). At 355 fps an arrow takes .03380 of a second (assuming constant speed) to travel 40 yards (120 feet). That's a difference of .00202 of a second.

If you are shooting at a stationary target, or one slowly moving, how much difference can that make in the real world?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I saw one at club and it is a little harder to cock than 335 ..Nosier I think same ..
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Sloppy Does wrote:I'm considering getting a micro 355 and wanted to know what anyone who has one or who has shot one thinks of it. I have a micro 335 and wanted to see if its worth the 20 ft per sec. Is it much harder to cock? Is it louder? Camo look good? etc.
That is the million dollar? My friend. Should we upgrade our 335 to a 355?

Our sensible side says he'll no its not really worth it. Stick it the 335 because it will kill any animal in North America with ease. It's easier on the back and servings.

But our not so sensible side says he'll ya and that blackout Micro build needs that back rail and riser.... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I haven't shot one n only saw them in pic's. Is it worth sellin yers to buy the 355, it maybe. I really like my 335 but i have to use the C2 to shoot it. So the 355 would be a C2 model fer me also. Now is the 10 fps worth the extra money, sure if'en i had disposable funds. I like those compact micro's, i only get 312 fps wid mine usin the 425gr arrows. It will get 346 usin the Factory string n 350gr arrows. I jus like heavier arrows.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

Harder to cock will very much depend on your height. When you're cocking the bow, just as you think it's a real pig to cock, it's cocked.
Twenty ft/sec faster will flatten out your trajectory a modest amount and will help a tad for errors in range estimation. Keeping in mind that short stroke bows are inefficient with heavier arrows, it will definitely carry a heavier arrow better than the 335.
I think the 355 is not good enough reason to switch from a 335 but if you want a Micro then the 355 is not such a bad idea if you want faster/flatter.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

All great answers! Better than I could answer because my first crossbow IS a Micro 355. When I first cocked it at the shop where I got it I was a little surprised how heavy it was and actually stopped the pull before I cocked it...then the guy who sold it to me said "keep pulling" so I did and it cocked.
After that, knowing what it really felt like to cock the 355, it is really a no brainer because I know what to expect. I have not shot it except in my basement at a discharge target while settling in the string so it's at a good brace height. Now that it is set correctly, the sighting in will begin as soon as the snow leaves the ground...I can't wait! With maybe a dozen shots through it, It hangs on my wall. I still need to set up a range outside and also buy/make some targets for the process of the sighting in. I love the little dynamo too...it just oozes crossbow sexiness and power in a small package. I couldn't imagine carrying one through the woods with the wide width limbs. The Micro 355 is just plain cool and I am going to enjoy it immensely.
I am definitely, NOT belittling anyone that has the wide Excaliburs, I am just glad the Micro came along for me! Good luck in your decision!
I will, at some point, be investing in a C2 Crank as well. I am 66 and getting older by the day! :shock:
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

A lot of good points thanks everyone!
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I too considered dropping my Micro 335 and going to a 355 8) then income reality hit. :roll:

Since I have two $900 bows and they are paid for, I think I'll consider myself "Good To Go". I'm currently in the process of changing my Matrix 355 into a 380 should the need for speed become an issue... Then too, I can always make it a 355 again should I need to drop in draw weight. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

No longtime user of crossbow so take what i say as just some talk..If i was hunter that needed to shoot heavier arrow like said here and long distance like 50yds more speed would be nice.BUT I only shoot at buck at most likely 35 yds max..So too me only reason to buy a MICRO 355 is if I did not already have 335 and PRICE was down below 800 bucks..But for Buck hunting here in PA WILDS your shots are 20/30 yards heavy brush over 10 ft high so 355 is not better..Actually best thing I can see for me in bow is SIZE..Small and light is must and lighted nocks are best thing I will be using this season...So if price of 355 package comes down with new 375 micro,lol I would be buying 355 but then wonder if I want 375 and hold off..All kids I talk to that have bows are always looking at SPEED ..