Matrix string length?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CarlV

Matrix string length?

Post by CarlV »

Looking for how long the string on my Matrix 350 is? All I can find is that it's a "Matrix" length.

Thanks
If I can't modify it ... it isn't worth owning
CarlV

Re: Matrix string length?

Post by CarlV »

And I did pull it and measure it at 31 3/8"

Sound right?
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Sounds about right.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
CarlV

Post by CarlV »

nchunterkw wrote:Sounds about right.
Thanks.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The strings vary from maker to maker, mine on the servin jig are 30 3/4 from inside hook to hook n jus twist them to yer brace ht.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I measure mine on the stretcher from the outer most ends of the loops . 31 3/4" will give you about a 5/8" brace height , 31 5/8" will give you a 3/4" brace height . Brace height measurements are taken from the Riser/Rail seam . I want my finished Strings to have 8/12 twist in them when I achieve these length's and brace heights . Every builder has his own formulas and methods this is mine :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Thread is over a year old but worth reading!
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Other than being long enough, the next most important thing is loop size. To big a loop size could cause a spontaneous and unintended string removal. My string guru makes them nice and tight so that with stretching they are still tight. My question is (if I've asked this before, my apologies) if you have oversized loops is it possible to tighten them up by serving them tighter or will that cause problems? Thanks,
Hank
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hank some of my loops were abit long. Yup i jus served the loops some. I even put a few clinch knots in my some, no ill effects
Half Bubble Off BD360

hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

vixenmaster wrote:Hank some of my loops were abit long. Yup i jus served the loops some. I even put a few clinch knots in my some, no ill effects
No Mike. Your loops were perfect. I was referring to a string that a newbie made me when I first hooked up with the forum. I never used it because the the loops gave me that tingling feeling in my guts that says here lies danger. So it's been hangin in the man closest ever since. If I serve it tighter I can give it to my brother whom I consider to be far more expendable than me. :lol: I haven't found any flaws in your strings nor do I expect to. Cheers,
Hank
jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

What's the consensus on the ideal loop size? Also for you string twisters if you were making a string specifically for a matrix grizzly/Cub would you alter the length a little to achieve a 1 1/2" brace ht. ?? Jeff
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

No need to alter jus twist up or down to suit yerself n the speed yer tryin to achive.Loop size on Matrix/Micro's i prefer 14 twists plus the barrel splice run
Half Bubble Off BD360

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Jeff, i have only made a few for that model, and was told by Excalibur that all Matrix Strings are made to the same length. After i take the tension off mine they measure 31" after relaxing overnight. This works well for my two bows, and no complaints from any Matrix owners I make strings for. As for the tag ends, I go 16 twists after forming my loops, then snip the tags when the string is stretched.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!