UPDATE. OT YouTube Sensorship!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drkeenan

UPDATE. OT YouTube Sensorship!!!!

Post by drkeenan »

Good news. YouTube unblocked my video after my appeal. I simply stated that my intent was not to be graphic but to make a diary of my hunting season. :D :D :D

Last week I started a thread with a video review of my deer season, "2015 Deer Season Review (Video)", without incident. Yesterday I made a couple of minor edits to the video including the title only to have it removed by a YouTube moderator for violating the "Community Guidelines." (ironically the original is still unblocked)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5m6ljrJqjQ

I'm guessing they have decided it is too graphic. I don't feel the video was any more graphic than the 100's of thousands of other hunting video's on YouTube. I've appealed however I would appreciate any input from forum members on the do's and don'ts of posting hunting vids. Or if there is another way to share vids with forum members??

John
Last edited by drkeenan on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Timbrhuntr

Re: OT YouTube Sensorship!!!!

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I've heard they are doing the same type of things to hunting sites on the Fakebook too !
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I see absolutely nothing "wrong" with your video.
There are a great many much more graphic on U-Tube.

Best of Luck with your Appeal!
I would be too!!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I really like the video. Too bad for them if they don't like it... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
TenshiB

Post by TenshiB »

For what it's worth, I really REALLY liked your video! What was the longest shot on there, do ya reckon?
Axiom with a Murphy's G String
Older Exomax with Triggertech Trigger
Nikon Bolt xr
Vortex Viper xbr
Firebolts with 150gr Boltcutters
Executioners with 125gr G5 Strikers
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

TenshiB wrote:For what it's worth, I really REALLY liked your video! What was the longest shot on there, do ya reckon?
Thank you. I hope they don't bust my chops in the future. I only post to share with my hunting buddies and this forum.

The last 2 shots were 30 yards.
Stock String
Tact Zone Scope
MTBighorn

Re: UPDATE. OT YouTube Sensorship!!!!

Post by MTBighorn »

I see your video is back up! :D

One thing that you should be sure to do is ONLY allow "approved" comments. This is easy to do from your control page.

If everybody that posted videos would do this we could get rid of all the stupid, nasty, vulgar comments on Youtube.

When a comment is posted to your vid, you will receive an email asking for your approval to post the comment. You can just say yes/no....Would not be that hard for the hunting community to rid ourselves of the nonsense posted if we would all just do this.
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

It's great you challenged and got your video put back up. There is nothing wrong with either video I saw. Great footage and great hunt. :D
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

MTBighorn wrote:I see your video is back up! :D

One thing that you should be sure to do is ONLY allow "approved" comments. This is easy to do from your control page.

If everybody that posted videos would do this we could get rid of all the stupid, nasty, vulgar comments on Youtube.

When a comment is posted to your vid, you will receive an email asking for your approval to post the comment. You can just say yes/no....Would not be that hard for the hunting community to rid ourselves of the nonsense posted if we would all just do this.
Good advice, thanks. I haven't had an issue with neg comments because I try to keep the circle small. I wouldn't post on YouTube at all if it wasn't such a convenient way to edit/share moments.
Stock String
Tact Zone Scope
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Discussing censorship on one of most censored forums I belong to.. It isn't always about censorship, sometimes people just don't agree and have the ability and reasons to make your opinion dissappear in written form. Sucks your video got removed, I am still looking for the thread on the 355 split limb on here.. Did someone trying to hide your experience yake away from the whole factual experience? I doubt it.. It only hid if for for a while. I can't seem to open the link..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Tom

Post by Tom »

Pydpiper wrote:Discussing censorship on one of most censored forums I belong to.. It isn't always about censorship, sometimes people just don't agree and have the ability and reasons to make your opinion dissappear in written form. Sucks your video got removed, I am still looking for the thread on the 355 split limb on here.. Did someone trying to hide your experience yake away from the whole factual experience? I doubt it.. It only hid if for for a while. I can't seem to open the link..
This forum is one of the leaste moderated forums ( other then free for all where you can not form a good thread ) out there.

Pydpiper if it is the thread I think you are talking about ....... it was posted by the certain person which was frequently posting non truthful statements about Excalibur products only to try and promote another bow.

His postings did quite often gave bad advice to where someone that did not know better, could get themselves hurt. I do not care what forum it is,that tpe of postings do not belong.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Sorry Tom, I didn't say moderated, I said censored. It's a joyful place where problems don't exist. I am not convinced that 1 person is responsable for the problems that have surfaced with the bows in the last few years. New guys get the sunshine treatment here, not as fact based as it once was. Excaliburs house, Excaliburs rules, I get that.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Pydpiper wrote:Sorry Tom, I didn't say moderated, I said censored. It's a joyful place where problems don't exist. I am not convinced that 1 person is responsable for the problems that have surfaced with the bows in the last few years. New guys get the sunshine treatment here, not as fact based as it once was. Excaliburs house, Excaliburs rules, I get that.

Jeeze, so bitter. :(
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

Pydpiper wrote:Sorry Tom, I didn't say moderated, I said censored. It's a joyful place where problems don't exist. I am not convinced that 1 person is responsable for the problems that have surfaced with the bows in the last few years. New guys get the sunshine treatment here, not as fact based as it once was. Excaliburs house, Excaliburs rules, I get that.
What a shame! This is the second thread in a row I started which has been high jacked by another. I joined this forum to learn from others and to share ideas I think might be interesting to some. (boy do I have a lot to learn) I, for one, stop following a thread as soon as the topic morphs into the unproductive. I just wish it happened less!!
Stock String
Tact Zone Scope