Dr. Stirrup Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kysdad

Dr. Stirrup Question

Post by kysdad »

Hey, is there much of a change in weight when switching to the Dr Stirrup? I really like how light my Matrix is right now and not looking to add too much if any. Let me know.
Matrix 350 LE
Spynal Tapps
Spitfires
racking up points

Re: Dr. Stirrup Question

Post by racking up points »

It's noticeable, but that hasn't deterred most people that need them or like them.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
kysdad

Post by kysdad »

10-4. Thanks
Matrix 350 LE
Spynal Tapps
Spitfires
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

A tiny bit heavier but quieter! I've shot a few days of 3D with the kit and enjoyed less "twang" and less fatigue!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
kysdad

Post by kysdad »

VixChix wrote:A tiny bit heavier but quieter! I've shot a few days of 3D with the kit and enjoyed less "twang" and less fatigue!
Is that with just the stirrup or all the other stuff?
Matrix 350 LE
Spynal Tapps
Spitfires
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I couldn't fit the bumpers on my older xbow so I have the stirrup, the DB killer silencers (not the bumpers), and the Kocker. The combination of the Kocker and the Stirrup make cocking the xbow 40+ times for a tournament much easier. I find that I'm not nearly as fatigued (sore back) by the 30th target and can shoot better.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
kysdad

Post by kysdad »

Well, the more I hear about it the more interested I get:) Thanks again.
Matrix 350 LE
Spynal Tapps
Spitfires
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

just installed the set on a 380 for a friend and he seems to like it . one thing I did notice is that Excalibur cut the stem that holds the bumpers in half I mean they cut the ball in half. that way the stock bumper last a bit longer. the Dr. Stirrup bumper wears like iron. you set the string so it fits about 1/16 " into the bumper.
W.M.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

W.Miguire wrote:just installed the set on a 380 for a friend and he seems to like it . one thing I did notice is that Excalibur cut the stem that holds the bumpers in half I mean they cut the ball in half. that way the stock bumper last a bit longer. the Dr. Stirrup bumper wears like iron. you set the string so it fits about 1/16 " into the bumper.
W.M.

So you want the string so it is actually touching the Dr Stirrup bumper instead if 1/8th-1/4 inch away???

I thought the best set up was off the bumper???

(I got a lot to learn!!)
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

I guess I am misunderstanding this too...thought it was a no-no to have the string on the bumpers...
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

if you go on his web site and go to the bumpers it will explain the way they work. I have shot mine all summer and not a dent in them you have to keep an eye on them .it is hard to judge them at a 16" . I can tell you that they don't wear out . he has a two yr. warranty on them.
W.M.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

ThunderXB wrote:
W.Miguire wrote:just installed the set on a 380 for a friend and he seems to like it . one thing I did notice is that Excalibur cut the stem that holds the bumpers in half I mean they cut the ball in half. that way the stock bumper last a bit longer. the Dr. Stirrup bumper wears like iron. you set the string so it fits about 1/16 " into the bumper.
W.M.

So you want the string so it is actually touching the Dr Stirrup bumper instead if 1/8th-1/4 inch away???

I thought the best set up was off the bumper???

(I got a lot to learn!!)
Dr. Stirrup, Gaston recommends the string just touching HIS bumpers. I personally keep mine about 1/32" off my Dr. Stirrup bumpers. As for the factory bumpers or Danny Miller rubber baby buggy bumpers, keep a 1/4" gap between them and the string.
I love the entire Dr. Stirrup kit...minus the 4×4 cocker. Most love it, but I'm not a fan. Jmo. The bumpers however are amazing! I saw Tremps at Boofest last year with over 1000 shots on them and they still looked brand new.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I did notice on the rope cocker the parts that go on the string has a taper that rubs on the rail , but on the older ones are straight. any one notice this?
W.M.