most accurate arrow & broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

most accurate arrow & broadhead

Post by Troubleshooter »

Pure looking to accuracy..(which is very important offcourse).

Which of all do you guys find the most accurate arrow and broadhead?

Which brand & type, how many inch shaft...fixed blades and / or mechanicals. Just name it.

And please, no answers with: it depends...etc.(most of us understand there are many other things important to make it accurate.)

Probably not the first time on the forum, these questions (sorry for that), but still it is nice to hear what people think / know about this - because of their experience.

And an extra question (if i may ask): what do you think about the accuracy of the excalibur arrows & broadheads? (Personally i didn't hear very much about the arrows of excalibur, looking to this point.)
Carnivorous

Re: most accurate arrow & broadhead

Post by Carnivorous »

For the Micro bows.

16.5" zombie shaft
2" blazers RH helical
Lumenok rear insert
110gr brass insert up front
100gr spitfire XXX or maxx

Weight 406gr

Working great for me so far.....
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I think the 200 lb bows like the xocet and vortex are the most accurate out of the box bows you can buy ..with most arrows and broad head combos. The mist forgiving as well.
Last edited by dutchhunter on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
addicted to canadian beaver
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

The stiffer the shafts the better accuracy I see. So for me

16" zombie slayers
2" feather in RH helical
NuFletch Igniter
110gr brass insert
125gr Ramcat - best flying fixed blade I have shot.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
typical10

Post by typical10 »

My M/380 set up~

18.0" zombie shaft
2" blazers RH helical
Lumenok rear insert
110gr brass insert up front
2 blade crossbow Rage
Boo

Post by Boo »

BEA Zombies, 110 gr insert, Blazers fetched on an Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt, G5 100 gr Striker. A Luminok will work with the above but to match flight add an aluminum rear nock, otherwise stick to a plastic rear nock.
There are a lot of variables. Point weight and desire for a faster arrow would change some of the above.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

Boo wrote:BEA Zombies, 110 gr insert, Blazers fetched on an Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt, G5 100 gr Striker. A Luminok will work with the above but to match flight add an aluminum rear nock, otherwise stick to a plastic rear nock.
There are a lot of variables. Point weight and desire for a faster arrow would change some of the above.
Are you able to get those Zomies in the Toronto area, Don?
Boo

Post by Boo »

va3cgt wrote:
Boo wrote:BEA Zombies, 110 gr insert, Blazers fetched on an Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt, G5 100 gr Striker. A Luminok will work with the above but to match flight add an aluminum rear nock, otherwise stick to a plastic rear nock.
Are you able to get those Zomies in the Toronto area, Don?
Yep!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think it is hard for anyone to say what the most accurate arrow, or broadhead might be. There sure will be favorites, and that does not mean they're wrong, but I think being completely honest I would say each shooter / hunter has to find their own recipe. That said, many here can guide you to what they like, and have success with, and that goes a long way to get a new archer started. I have been bow hunting for over 30 years, and crossbow hunting for 3 years, and I'm still trying new stuff. I do like all of the offerings from Black Eagle, and find that their arrows / bolts are very tough, accurate, and affordable. I like most of the offerings from NAP for broadheads, and believe it or not, I just tried some Muzzy Heads, and they are kick arse too! When you get into the shorter arrows, under 18" I think the 110 grain brass snout inserts are the best choice to keep the tail end in line, especially at longer ranges. I have shot .003" / .001" side by side to 50 yards off bench rests, free hand, and prone position, and I cannot tell one from the other, no BS! A good squared arrow, fletched well will deliver good results! A well made broadhead will fly right, and consistently but not necessarily the same as your field tips, few do! JMHO! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

xcaliber wrote:I do like all of the offerings from Black Eagle, and find that their arrows / bolts are very tough, accurate, and affordable. When you get into the shorter arrows, under 18" I think the 110 grain brass snout inserts are the best choice to keep the tail end in line, especially at longer ranges. I have shot .003" / .001" side by side to 50 yards off bench rests, free hand, and prone position, and I cannot tell one from the other, no BS! A good squared arrow, fletched well will deliver good results! A well made broadhead will fly right, and consistently but not necessarily the same as your field tips, few do! JMHO! :wink:
Yes the BEA arrows are the best in my opinion. I also have to say I see no advantage out to 70 yards between shooting .001" and .003" straight arrows. However the closer the spine deflection is, the better, and spine indexing is the key,,,,,once you have a stiff enough spine.

I find the Executioner shafts to turn in as good a results as the Zombies and Spynal Tapps with the with the lighter draw bows like the 330 and 355 Matrix. But for the Micro 335 and the Matrix series 380 and 405, the stiffer shafts of the Zombies and Spynal's have proven superior,,, again with properly matched and indexed spines, the Executioners can't equal them in these bows.

For field point accuracy I have found the 100 and 125 grain Slick Trick Standards to match accuracy and POI with my field points, and give great blood trails.

Matrix 380 and 405
18" Spynal Tapps
110 grain insert
125 grn. Slick trick Standards
RH offset Blazers or Quick Spins

Micro 335
16" Spynal Tapps
110 gr. insert
100 grain Slick Trick Standards
RH offset Blazers or Quick Spins
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Troubleshooter wrote:Pure looking to accuracy..(which is very important offcourse).

Which of all do you guys find the most accurate arrow and broadhead?

Which brand & type, how many inch shaft...fixed blades and / or mechanicals. Just name it.

And please, no answers with: it depends...etc.(most of us understand there are many other things important to make it accurate.)

Probably not the first time on the forum, these questions (sorry for that), but still it is nice to hear what people think / know about this - because of their experience.

And an extra question (if i may ask): what do you think about the accuracy of the excalibur arrows & broadheads? (Personally i didn't hear very much about the arrows of excalibur, looking to this point.)
I find it kind of funny that he is asking about accuracy and then make that one little typo. LOL
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Heavvyduty

Post by Heavvyduty »

I been shooting the bolts that came with my M405 with 150gr slick tricks. I dont see getting anything diffent. Dont think i could shoot any better from 10 to 50yds

Post by newbie »

xcaliber wrote:I think it is hard for anyone to say what the most accurate arrow, or broadhead might be. There sure will be favorites, and that does not mean they're wrong, but I think being completely honest I would say each shooter / hunter has to find their own recipe. That said, many here can guide you to what they like, and have success with, and that goes a long way to get a new archer started. I have been bow hunting for over 30 years, and crossbow hunting for 3 years, and I'm still trying new stuff. I do like all of the offerings from Black Eagle, and find that their arrows / bolts are very tough, accurate, and affordable. I like most of the offerings from NAP for broadheads, and believe it or not, I just tried some Muzzy Heads, and they are kick arse too! When you get into the shorter arrows, under 18" I think the 110 grain brass snout inserts are the best choice to keep the tail end in line, especially at longer ranges. I have shot .003" / .001" side by side to 50 yards off bench rests, free hand, and prone position, and I cannot tell one from the other, no BS! A good squared arrow, fletched well will deliver good results! A well made broadhead will fly right, and consistently but not necessarily the same as your field tips, few do! JMHO! :wink:
X2. Everyone will have their favorite for sure. BEA in any shape or form is hard to beat for the price AND quality.
Im shooting old style spynal tapps @16.25" with somewhere around 50 grains in the front, total weight with heads around 385grns. 2inch nlazers fletched on the EZ bolt and spine indexed.
Get great groups with about any head i put on them. Field point accuracy i dont worry about i sight in my broadheads always. If they fly like field points if not im not concerned, as long as they group at 40 yards.
Last edited by newbie on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

for Micro
zombies
2 inch Blazers radical helix
Ramcats
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

No expert other than for longtime we like Spitfire 100/125 gr but I found that you do get a little wobble on points because the blades are not tight against point when you spin them .That little movement MAY cause a faint wobble in point..

as for my MICRO 335 my custom arrow builder BORKHOLDER ARCHERY has video on youtube with 335..

his arrows were ; GT ballistic 425 in 18 inch,
110 gr brass inserts,plastic flat nock,100 gr spitfires,2 inch blazer vanes for arrow weight 395...