Sickness at Home

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Sickness at Home

Post by vixenmaster »

The blk is great but the mottled gray isn't . The anodization looks like Barnett quality. I had it out in the sun lookin at it ready to put it together n shoot. I saw the brush marks thru the anodized finish n the discoloered. These are not $250 Barnett crossbows were buyin here! Not happy n i think n wonder has the pride n workmanship left the Excal Factory since BillT sold out ? Is it strickly all about the dollar ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

vixenmaster wrote:The blk is great but the mottled gray isn't . The anodization looks like Barnett quality. I had it out in the sun lookin at it ready to put it together n shoot. I saw the brush marks thru the anodized finish n the discoloered. These are not $250 Barnett crossbows were buyin here! Not happy n i think n wonder has the pride n workmanship left the Excal Factory since BillT sold out ? Is it strickly all about the dollar ?

That's too bad...would have like to have seen pictures of the defects...
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's a sickness a fella don't mind havin'....mums the word. :wink:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Yep "mums the word" somethings are better______.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Customer Service is great, but I have noticed there is a lot lack'n recently ( the last year or so) with Quality come'n out of the factory. These ain't new shooters complaining about what they are getting fer their dollar,,, the cost of these bow's keep rising, so should the fit finish and durability!!! I have to say from what we all been seeing that clearly isn't happening!

I for one hope they get a handle on these issues or we will all be paying fer it. There aint no company on the planet going to stay afloat with Customer Service alone, and fer this kinda money, they truly need to step up the quality control. I think Excalibur is the best Crossbow Company out there, I would sure hate to see them start lowering there standards to the rest.

Sorry about all the problems you been have'n with yer last two bow's, hope someone hears this and makes it right, I know you have shelled out a bunch money shipping back and forth, and sounds like it's not taken care of yet,,,good luck!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I am a long time Excal owner and I don't agree that the quality is going down hill. Not liking the finish on a bow is not what I would call a defect. It is purely one person's opinion of a rail finish that he doesn't like. Overall the thousands of bows sold lately have yielded many happy customers.

Just my 2 cents....
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I am a long time Excal owner and I don't agree that the quality is going down hill. Not liking the finish on a bow is not what I would call a defect. It is purely one person's opinion of a rail finish that he doesn't like. Overall the thousands of bows sold lately have yielded many happy customers.

Just my 2 cents....
If this is the only issue you have heard about lately I would agree, but their have been a lot of other things that have gotten out the door that does afect dependability and performance, this is just one more, I'm sure a guy that has been using these bows fer 20 years realizes it's more than just an opinion, quality finish should be expected as well as Quality Control at these prices! But yes, they have had more than finish issues since the merger a lot more, and he dealt with the previous bow 3 times before giving up,,, I understand the flustration of an over 20 year loyal customer.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i think Excalibur should strive to get a better handle on fit and finish. parts should be matched better.its my understanding to anodize aluminum things can be tricky batch to batch.if a rail thats supposed to be black comes out of the tank some sort of gray then it should be rejected and put in a pile of rails slated for camo finsish or some other limited edition project xbow.i received a Micro with rail last year that had chatter marks in the finish that was just anodized over.you could see the color imbedded in the low spots. i kept the xbow but not good for a $900.00 plus xbow. waited near a month and just got a New Style Matrix 405 limb and riser. the dipping is done differently so thew riser and limbs will never match my stock. 1000$ xbow that is not living up. im done with new Excaliburs for a while. i enjoyed trying new models every year but im sitting out this year.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

A while back I wanted a new Excalibur so bad I could taste it. After seeing some reviews I'm at the age where I don't need the hassle. I have my first one, a Vortex, and I don't really know if I can get one better. Buddy has a Phoenix and we're pretty darn happy with what we have. Never had a deer wonder what model shot them.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I am a long time Excal owner and I don't agree that the quality is going down hill. Not liking the finish on a bow is not what I would call a defect. It is purely one person's opinion of a rail finish that he doesn't like. Overall the thousands of bows sold lately have yielded many happy customers.

Just my 2 cents....
It maynot be a defect or broke but if'en you ever try to sell it then it had $200 less value that comes out of yer pocket! I am also a long time Excal since 1996 n still have a couple. I am glad yers came out like you wanted it to. Thats also great about a local Dealer you can go pick the one you want. Mo. has very few Dealers(Bass Pro) 150 miles from me. So i did the old phone call thing. As to my rail/mainframe finish its not what i would pay $850 fer! We can agree to disagree
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I'm not trying to slam Excalibur, I own 5 right no and never a problem with a one of em, That includes the 405's that some did. Mine have been spot on, except the 330 I had fer a while,,,, a surprising bow by the way, but I got a deal on it cause it had a chip in the stock after the dealer unboxed it and let me know he would drip another 25 bucks off the price, or he'd go pull another one. Worked out good fer me as it was Infinity camo and din't show that bad and I had a choice right then, take it with a discount er they'd get another. But if I was the guy get'n it shipped to me, I would have had different feelings opening the box and finding it that way.

The good thing is, whatever it takes to get it right Excalibur will do!! But there are a few, with all the other choices out there start'n to walk away, I hate to see that, I will be keep'n mine,,, and I think I am done fer a while but,,, ya never know,,, that 355 Micro is sure sound'n good!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
Waif

Post by Waif »

Mornin to ya VixenMaster.
If you did not already have bows you like the quality of it may have gone different.
But hey ,you know what your after.

When working in a paint shop years ago we would find defects on new vehicles in sales lots that were not in spec. with our customers buy levels....on parts provided by others and one time even scrap/torn parts we had supplied that failed after leaving our shop.
We would never have noticed without practiced eyes with experience in what constituted proper finishes ,even if only considering the most basic ,"would you put it on your car value".
A new bow will be expected to match older ones that were acceptable.
If buy levels or tolerances change without our knowing we are then faced with cosmetic differences we don't expect..

Now ,if you need help hidin yer funds from the mrs. till you figure out what to use it for..... :lol:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Shotnbeer wrote:A while back I wanted a new Excalibur so bad I could taste it. After seeing some reviews I'm at the age where I don't need the hassle. I have my first one, a Vortex, and I don't really know if I can get one better. Buddy has a Phoenix and we're pretty darn happy with what we have. Never had a deer wonder what model shot them.
:lol: :lol: :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<