The 350 Matrix my way!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

The 350 Matrix my way!

Post by wildcatter »

Well I finally got the final parts Friday, and put together "The Treestand 350W Matrix" no not a 350LE but a 405, 330, and combination of some old parts, hardware, and a little perseverance. This project started last Sept. It is finally being put together and is now a 350W, the W is for wildcat,,,,,, :wink:

I will say this was almost changed from my original plan to a 330W after Excalibur flooded the market with cut down 405's, an idea stolen from me,,,,, but I decided after not ever owning a 355, and having already had a 330, well always stick with your first instincts,,, the Pictures and details coming soon, it will be cool,,,,, 8)
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
JUSTANUFF

Re: The 350 Matrix my way!

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Lookin forward to this project!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I got it together and shot it yesterday, but this went rather slow, starting about Sept. it took a while, after get'n the rail off ebay I found a riser but the stock was another storey, in 4 months I missed a chance at two Treestand stock's by a couple hours. Finally I said heck with it and picked up a stock quiver and limb's in Infinity camo. I had to do some shuffle'n but finally got everything together. The Limbs I bought off a friend before Excalibur atarted selling them, a kinda hot matched set w/a deflection of 106,, fer both limbs, whatever that is worth.

While all this was goin on I acquired a Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro 30mm scope with a speed dial (variable power) and compliments of Vixenmaster a pretty red white and blue FF+ 36 strand string fer it. After everything here Excalibur decided to use my idea and sell the same setup, well almost, I had the single stage trigger tech and the Guardian scope mount, along with the R.E.D.S. fer mine. Danny Miller was tak'n care of the rail being machined and I almost decided to go with a 330 length rail just to keep it a Custom!! But decided to stick with my first plan, so a 350W it was!

Yesterday I got it about 2:00 pm and the race was on, I got on the cave and started assembling while adding my sound deadening, first with the rail, cutting and bulling High Density Foam through all the cavities, I try and cut em a tad on the tight side, and use a strap taped to em ta pull em through.

once everything is filled all the way, leaving just room fer the trigger and riser to mount, I do the same and fill all the voids in the stick, stuffing them full, just trying to make it as quiet and vibration proof as I can.

Then I use the TSI-321 oil to rust proof all the fasteners and use acetone to clean the threads, when attaching everything it's Blue Loctite on all the threads.

Once everything was together,,, sit was timke to sight it in, so here is the first 5 shots, now this was sighted in as a 405 before sending everything off fer the custom work, and as you can see, after all the changes, she was still pretty darn close at 25 yards. The top 2 were the first shots on target after a few arrows to get the string a little settled. After 3 or 4 clicks to the left the next 3 show'd close enough fer now,,,,, :wink:

Her is a picture of the work this far, not the best but I'll get the good camera out later and get some good pic's when it's all finished.

Well that was it yesterday, today I did some silencing on the arrow retainer and the stirrup, along with some leather added to the face of the Munch aluminum hooks fer this wildcat creation, I figured we need to keep everything custom,,,, even the cocker,,,, I didn't get any pics yet of the updates today but , I can say this gett'n awfully close to be as quiet as I had the 335 Micro I did in 3D Deception camo. I'll post some more pics later or tommorow, but fer now I think it was worth all the extra work to have it my way!!!!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Nice!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Wild, that's a pretty rig there! Very Nice. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes sir that outfit be sure lookin good. Custom all the way congrats
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Some more work done on the bow today and shot as many arrow as I could find. I started today by calibrating a level and mounting it, I do this on every bow, it just help with consistent aiming when I am shooting out past 50 yards.

I did cut and install some velcro pads and install on the inside of the limbs at the tips for the string to rebound against, but did not get a picture of that. Then I took time to wrap the stirrup, first 100% with heavy friction tape, then mounting a piece of high density foam on each side and wrapping it in. The foam wrapped in on the sides really does help. Then a high density gasket between the stirrup and the rail.

Then I had a piece of heat shrink fastened to the arrow tension arm, but today I cut a set of string leaches down and modified them for more dampening. This has worked really good to take out any twang from the arrow retaining arm, and going with the longer arm, as suggested by Danny, I thought it should have 2. She is ngett'n pretty quiet,,, maybe not quite where I had the 335 Deception Micro,,, but I think it's getting where you need a meter to tell the difference!

After that I grabbed any arrow I could find, from odd sets I had laying around. All were 18" most with D2 Firenocks, some with fusion vanes, Blazer vanes, and SK-300 vanes, quick spins, arrow's weighing between 377 and 427 grains, I even finished with one of the factory diablo's @ 355 grains just to see what kind of speed I would get with setup and the heavy wide serving on the 36 strand FF+ Flemish string,,,, I am Impressed I am sure it would get 360 w/ a 350 grain arrow and the mutch lighter factory string. But 19 shots all at 25 yards and all,,, except the SK-300 vane arrow was pretty much the same POI. The bottom row was a 6 arrow matched sets of Zombie slayers at 410 grains, and the top 4 were a set from hunting season of 427 grain Spynal Tapps, all arrows were with 100 grain tips but used 55 grm. 80 grain. and 90 grain inserts, some had firenock bushings in the rear,, This ain't accuracy testing but it is showing when I get some arrows built fer this bow how well I should expect it to shoot,

The arrow in the center on the right side is the diablo, and the chono reading fer is that shot, and another at 354.8, this is almost exactly where I thought I would be with this string and the matched set of 106 defection limbs.

It's gett'n there but with warm rain and and temps forecast, the Walleye will be hitting the river before the weekend, so play time is over and it's time to get busy with more freezer filling!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nice Excal n nice shootin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Very cool!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

catter what kind of foam is that? Looks like it was cut from a sheet :D I have pipe insulation cut in strips in my 330
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

deerman41 wrote:catter what kind of foam is that? Looks like it was cut from a sheet :D I have pipe insulation cut in strips in my 330
If its the real dence stuff it's the same thing, I just got it in a sheet. They make some pipe wrap that's not as dense, many sell it for swim noodle's but it is pretty porous.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Great looking bow wildcatter and looks like she's dialled in real nice to. Well done. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads