Lighted Nock Comparison

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

typical10

Lighted Nock Comparison

Post by typical10 »

I have used Lumenocks for the last two years with mixed results, over the winter I bought 1/2 dozen NuFletch Ignitors [green] Although I have not hunted with them yet, after many shots with a head to head compare out of my M380, I will be jumping the fence to ignitors. They are very user friendly, I have not had any failures on release and impact. I can not say that for Lumenocks, I only shoot zombies .001 and the combination will be in a hunting situation soon. jeff~
L. E. Carroll

Re: Lighted Nock Comparison

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I agree... The green Ignitors are advertized to get upwards of 50 hours life :shock: There are no outside wires to have to take into account when placing your arrow on the rail and no special tools needed nor sore fingers as a result of turning them off. :D

Gene :wink:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Gene really likes the nufletch..I am using Lumenocks because I got them free..Yes I place the wires as Gene said on cock feather so wires are up/down..But I have had no problems so far i did use some rail grease on the nock because it went in very hard and I did not want to trim it to make it fit and with 15 shots they worked everytime ..I use a gas hose over nock to loosen it enough to shut off could not do it with my fingers but was EASY with gas hose ..
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

Can the Ignitors be used with the Excal Diablo bolts?
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

They come packaged with three different size outside diameter inserts to fit inside different shafts.... I would call Nufletch and see if one will fit your application.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

sproulman you should go to the lumenok web site and it will show how to install them the correct way .
W.M.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i used both went back to lumen nock be sure ends are square no problems jmo
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

I'll be trying Nufletch this season. I had no problems with Lumenoks until I switched to 2219 bolt. One wouldn't work out of the package which was replaced. Then I had a failure while filming a kill shot on a doe. :x :x :x

Can someone advice on which hot glue to use??
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

W.Miguire wrote:sproulman you should go to the lumenok web site and it will show how to install them the correct way .
W.M.

Thanks I did watch videos..You are right but for some reason I am always doing things wrong way ... :oops:
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Bob is correct you must square the ends of your arrow. they are mounted horizontal to the rail of you bow. they will not touch the rail or any other part of the bow . the way you have them now they are rubbing on your arrow holder and you will have problems down the line.
W.M.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Three Rivers Archery has some glue that is called ferrel tite . don't know if that's how you spell it but that's what it sounds like . Trad. archery folks use it for broadheads it takes very little heat to activate it .try some you might like the way it works. or you can try a plastic shopping bag , that's what I use . cut a small piece about the size of a stamp wrap it around the insert and with a twisted motion push it into your arrow this will hold it tight. it works for me and haven't lost any as yet. good luck.
W.M.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

W.Miguire wrote:Bob is correct you must square the ends of your arrow. they are mounted horizontal to the rail of you bow. they will not touch the rail or any other part of the bow . the way you have them now they are rubbing on your arrow holder and you will have problems down the line.
W.M.

WOW You are right .....You guys know your stuff for sure I am lucky to be part of this forum you all aregreat..Moving Lumenock back to horizontal..Thanks.....
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

Ok so let me get this straight - the two wires on my lumenock I should go and check are horizontal to my rail so they do not rub on anything as the arrow is released?
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

you got it . glad to help.
W.M.
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

W.Miguire wrote:you got it . glad to help.
W.M.
Ok good to know. It seems like such a simple concept but I didn't know that. This forum rocks, thx again - I just got some new zombie slayers with lumenocks so will make sure I put them in correctly.